2. The New Guy

Finally, my saving grace- the bell, and it's time for lunch. I rush out of maths class and head out to the cafeteria. I see Aliya and Zane waving at me to come over.

Zane is my other best friend, and no he's not a geek or a jock, he's just, as he calls himself....the king of the drama club. And I won't disagree with that because he can be dramatic sometimes.

I come over and sit down and start rushing my fries into my mouth. I'm sure I look like a pig right now but meh.

"Pig" Zane looks at me with mock disgust. I just laugh at him.

"We both know I'll be there best pig in the group, right?" I said while wiggling my eyebrows.

As he was about to reply, the whole cafeteria well silent, like dead silent. And then everything was in slow motion. Then this dude walks in, he's hot, abnormally muscular (he probably lives in a gym) and his face showing no emotion. Girls were literally drooling. Eew.

People kept whispering things like..

And it goes on and on and on. There were some nasty comments too but I'll not go into detail. It makes me cringe like crazy.

And then the bell rings and snaps everyone out of the trance. I rush to the hallway with Aliya because we have English together.

We were the first to get there and for the next 2 - 5 minutes, the rest of the class joined. And she came in with her followers, the queen bee or slut, as Aliya and I like to call her....... Eve Carter walks in with Sofia, Aria and Skylar. And he comes in.

Mrs Collins introduces him to the class.

"Class we have a new student today coming to Florida all the way from Texas. She turns to him asking him to introduce himself. He seems hesitant but he had to give in eventually.

"Umm, I'm Joel. Joel Reed. I'm 17........" I zone out because I'm bored.

And now I'm snapped back to reality by Aliya. I'm sure I looked like a fool.

"I see someone is really bored here."

"No, I'm not. I'm just thinking about stuff...." I try to defend myself but I trail off.

"If you say so." She looks at me with an I- don't- believe- you kind of look.

I look over to Joel and I see he's sitting besides Eve and as usual, she's flirting with him but he doesn't seem to pay much attention to her even though he seems like the player type.

Then he catches my gaze but I instantly look away. I mentally face palmed myself and turned red from embarrassment.

I stupidly look a again and find out that he is still looking at me. Talk about being awkward. He's weird in short.