17. Drunk (Part 1)

Amanda's POV

I've introduced Joel to my friends, including the ones I met at detention and they're getting along well. A little too well.

Anyways... that presentation that Joel and I have been working is today. So we have to stand on the presence of twenty or more students, attention on us and say what we learned about each other.

Piece of cake.

The bell rang. Its time.

Let's get this presentation over with.

♠♦♠♦♠♦♠♦♠♦♠

We passed. Yipee!

Expected but....yay!

*cue victory dance*

Joel came up to me grinning from ear to ear.

"We got As!" He exclaimed. Then carried me and spun me around. We probably look like crazy teens but...meh.

"Can you come over today?" He asked suddenly.

"Yeah sure. What for?" I'm curious. I mean, you don't just ask someone to come over all of a sudden.

"Just to chill, relax, do whatever teens do."

"Hmm. What do teens do?"

"Party, get drunk, break rules and all that. You get what I mean."

"Okay. I'll be there by 5."

"Good. Bye." Joel walked away and I saw girls trying really hard to get his attention.

Desperate.

School was over sooner than I expected so I had to look for Zane to take me home. I found him talking to Jeremy.

Oh yeah. Zane is gay. I totally forgot about that. Jeremy is gay also, everyone knows about that. I'm sure they're gonna make a cute couple.

Zane was obviously stuttering and trying hard not to embarrass himself in Jeremy's presence. I thought he had more skills than that. I'm disappointed.

I walk up to them. "Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting 'cause Zane, we need to go." I grabbed Zane's arm. "Oh Jeremy, Zane is single and waiting." I said in a sing song voice.

Jeremy was confused for a few seconds and realized what I said. "Oh right. Zane, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. See you tom-morow." Oh Zane. I'll be sure to put you in my prayers tonight. We walked to his car in silence. The ride was silent until....

"Zane... you wimpy idiot. Jeremy is a guy for God's sake. I know you talk to a lot of guys bit you're stupid when it comes to him," I paused after scolding him. In a very formal tone, "Now Mr Morrison, tell me about your saddest problems."

He looked at me. He probably thinks I'm crazy. "You are cray cray."

"I'm well aware of that. Thank you very much. Now lay it out on me."

He sighed. One hand on the stirring wheel and he rubbed his forehead with the other. "I really wish I could ask him out. I mean.. we've been hanging out since you found out I'm gay," I raised an eyebrow. "maybe before you found out but now that he clearly knows I'm gay and all, I still have no freaking idea on how to tell him that I like him. God, I'm tired."

"Awn. I feel you pain." I sympathized with him.

"No you don't."

"Exactly. I don't. But I'm not gonna act like I don't care. Just ask him out on a date."