3. Good and bad feelings

Today is Friday, everybody's happy, la la la la la.

You know that feeling when you just know that something good is gonna happen, that's what's happening to me today. I feel like a child high on candy or maybe I am high on candy because I just had it this morning.

Yeah I know it's awkward but this is between me and my candy and no one else.

The day goes on and no good thing has happened.

Weird

=============

It's time for English. Mrs Collins said something about partners, getting to know them and blah blah blah.

Aliya isn't here yet so I have to go alone.

I enter the class and I see Joel sitting in the back row, looking at life outside the window. He's pretty weird but attractive. Too attractive.

Anyways, I sit in the middle of the class. 2 - 5 minutes later, everyone is here and Aliya is sitting beside me, telling me about Jax, a guy she had a crush on since 8th grade.

Mrs Collins comes in and tries to get everyone's attention but we don't pay attention so.....

" WOULD YOU ALL JUST KEEP QUIET!!"

Now that came out louder than I expected.

"As I said earlier this week, you all will be given partners and get to know them. This will go on for the next two months of the term." Mrs Collins says while smiling sweetly at us.

I think she has a problem. Mood swings?

"You have must get to know this person very well and by the end of the two months, you have to present and tell everyone about that person. Here are the teams -

"Mason and Jenny"

"Ted and Rose"

"Eve and Austin"

"Aliya and Jax"

" Skylar and Ron"

"Aria and Luke"

"Amanda and Joel"

Wait...what,

I just got paired with the new guy. If this is the good thing that's gonna happen today, I'm not okay with it.

But you like it

No, I don't

Yes, you do

"Earth to Amanda" I see Aliya waving her hand in my face and I snap out of it.

Then I see Joel heading towards me and as usual, I freeze.

Now I have two options:

Make a fool out of myself

Or,

Act cool while making a fool out of myself

It's too late to decide because he's here. I look at Aliya, silently asking for help but she's with Jax.

I'm so screwed.

He's here, what to do? So I just do what any normal person would do.

"H-hey," I say while giving him a small wave but he doesn't smile. He's weird.

"Tomorrow, at my place, 4:00 pm" And he gives me his address and walks away.

That's just rude, plain rude.

I wave it off and turn back to Aliya who is giggling like crazy which is weird. I'm pretty sure it's because of something Jax said.

The bell rings and it's time to go home and enjoy the weekend ahead. I'm super duper happy because there's no homework but I still have to meet up with the stone face.

Yeah, stone face - Joel.

Now, I have a bad feeling something's gonna happen.