22. What's Wrong?

Amanda

More letters were coming after the first. Each letter scaring me more than the previous one.

I still have my eyes on you.
I'm still watching you.
I find it really adorable that you're still clueless about who I am.
But don't worry.
I'll be with your soon.

J.M

This J.M dude has been getting on my nerves lately. I really try hard to forget about it all but it's hard.

Like who can forget the fact that someone is watching them.

Honestly, I'm pissed. Aliya has been of great help. She does her best to distract me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Another thing I'm worried about my relationship with the guys. Because of J.M, I have no choice but to avoid them except if necessary. Zane is suspecting that something is up with me. He has asked me millions of times but I keep on denying it. Besides, he's too busy with Jeremy to pick up.

I'm also worried about Theo. He also knows I'm not telling him something. He knows I'm feeling insecure and scared. Well, since I told him I feel like someone is watching me, he has been over- protective nowadays.

As for Joel, I'm feeling guilty. I'm feeling guilty that I'm avoiding him when I know very well he doesn't have much friends. The look he gives me whenever I try to avoid him is very heart wrenching. It is stuck in my head and is starting to eat me up. I'm filled with guilt.

"Amanda, you've been staring at the ceiling for a very long while. You didn't even notice when I came in to your room." My dad's voice brought me back to reality.

He was standing at my door, leaning on the white door frame. I could tell he was worried. He had wrinkles on his forehead. I turned to look at him properly.

"You look bad. Really bad. I suggest you take a shower and freshen up." He said dramatically. "By the way, breakfast is ready." He added. I knew he just said that to get a reaction out of me. He didn't get one. That's when he know something was really wrong.

"Awh. Amanda, tell me. What's wrong?" He came to me and sat on the bed beside me. He hugged me and that's when I broke down.

I told him everything that happened. From 3 years ago till this present day. I told him. Fortunately, my parents didn't know about what Austin did 3 years back. As I told dad about that, he clenched and unclenched his jaw and fists. He never interrupted me. He just let me narrate my story and he listened attentively.

There's was silence after I told him the story. Everything seemed to be sinking in. I used that time to wash my face and get rid of any signs that showed that I was crying.

I walked out of the bathroom and found my Dad still sitting on the bed. It must be really hard for him. Knowing that his daughter kept all this from him. Knowing that his daughter went through all this.

"I can't believe I didn't notice that you went through all that. I'm your Dad. I'm meant to know when something is wrong with you. I'm su-"

"No, no, no. I tried and succeeded in hiding all that from you. You aren't at fault. I am. Not noticing doesn't make anything less than the best Dad I could have." I said as I sat beside him on the bed.

He looked amused at my mini speech. "Who are you and what have you done with my daughter." I laughed at that.

"I've matured a lot in this pass few weeks."

"Yeah. I know. But that was sappy." He made a disgusted face.

"Eww. I hate sappy." I groaned loudly and he chuckled.

There was silent but a comfortable on. After a while, I broke the silence.

"So I'm guessing you are gonna tell Mom, huh?" I chuckled nervously.

"I guess so. You know I have to tell her. I tell her everything."

"Um... not exactly everything. You never told her that you met your crazy ex in highschool some weeks ago." I grinned mischievously.

"I'm going to tell her that. When the time is right." He gulped. Sometimes, my dad is afraid of my mom. I find it funny and amusing.

"You better tell her soon. She almost found of yesterday. Your ex called you. Thank God I was there to answer the call. You would have been toast if she found out. You owe me." I said innocently.

He rolled his eyes at me. "How much?"

"$50 will do for now." I said happily.

"For now? Nevermind. I'll give you $100 instead." He said as he gave me $100.

"Now, get downstairs. Breakfast is ready." He hollered as he made his way out of my room. I chuckled.

At least I still have my family.