Ch. 21: Sibling Love

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 21: Sibling Love

The next day, Kiara, Harry, Ron and Ginny lined up beside the kitchen fire at the Burrow to return to Hogwarts. The Ministry arranged a one-off connection to the Floo Network to return students quickly and safely to the school, without the necessity for using the Hogwarts Express. Mrs Weasley stood by the fireplace in tears as Fred, George, Bill, Fleur and Mr Weasley were all at work. Kiara was unlucky that she didn't get to see Fred and George in the early morning before they left for work. After Fred and her managed to successfully prank George, where Mrs Weasley screamed herself hoarse at him after they secretly flooded the upstairs bathroom by exploding a toilet, he was ordered to sleep on Kiara's mattress on the floor while she slept in his bed. Feeling guilty, Kiara pushed George's mattress on the floor where the three slept together side-by-side, with Kiara in the middle. In the morning, when the twins both left, she noticed that she was sleeping on Fred's side comfortably.

She didn't give this a second thought, however.

"Don't cry, Mum," Ginny patted Mrs Weasley on the back as she sobbed. She was crying about their departure, but she was still emotional over the Percy incident on Christmas Day. "It's okay..."

"Yeah, don't worry about us," Ron added when Mrs Weasley kissed his cheek sloppily. "Or about Percy. He's such a prat, it's not really a loss, is it?"

"Thank you for having me, Mrs Weasley," Kiara said kindly, hugging Mrs Weasley tightly.

"Anytime my dear. You are family, regardless of anything," Mrs Weasley sniffled before engulfing Harry in a tight hug. Kiara smiled kindly, despite the subtle reference to her past relationship with Fred. "Promise me you'll look after yourself... Stay out of trouble..."

"I always do, Mrs Weasley," Harry replied calmly. "I like a quiet life, you know me."

Mrs Weasley chuckled and stood back. "Be good, then, all of you..."

Harry stepped into the emerald fire first. Kiara followed after the green flames engulfed him. She waved merrily at Mrs Weasley, her eyes catching one last fleeting view of the Weasley's kitchen and in particular, the pantry where Fred and her finally made up. She couldn't help but smile, knowing that she accomplished one significant thing over the Christmas period as she shouted, "Hogwarts!" She began spinning very fast, keeping her eyes shut before she finally began to slow down, stopping in the fireplace of Professor McGonagall's office. She didn't even glance up from her work as she brushed herself off, standing next to Harry.

"Good evening, Professor."

"Good evening, Malfoy. Please, avoid getting ash on the carpet."

"Of course."

Using magic for the first time in weeks, she vanished the soot on her clothes. When Ron and Ginny arrived, the four left McGonagall's office for Gryffindor Tower, the corridors letting in the final rays of sunshine before the sun completely set over the grounds.

"Baubles," Ron stated confidently when they reached the Fat Lady's portrait. She glowered at him grumpily, rubbing her eyes clumsily.

"No."

"What d'you mean, 'no'?"

"There is a new password. And please, don't shout."

"But, we've been away, how're we supposed to-?"

"Harry! Ginny! Kiara!" Hermione called out with a pink-face, wearing a cloak, hat and gloves. There was snow in her hair. "I got back a couple of hours ago, I've just been down to visit Hagrid and Buck – I mean, Witherwings. Did you have a good Christmas?"