Ch. 30: Harry and Ginny

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 30: Harry and Ginny

The next morning in Charms, Harry sat with Kiara, Ron and Hermione and discussed everything that had happened the night before, after casting the Muffliato spell upon those nearest them. They were impressed by the way that the Felix Felicis managed to locate Slughorn and encourage him to go to Hagrid's with Harry for the burial of Aragog and how Harry wheedled the memory out of Slughorn. Finally, Harry began explaining the memory in great detail.

"Voldemort asked Slughorn about something called Horcruxes. Slughorn said that a Horcrux is a physical object where a wizard can store part of their soul so that, even if he is attacked or killed, he won't die," Kiara and Hermione gasped with surprise while Ron's mouth fell open. "To split the soul, one has to commit murder. He kept asking Slughorn questions, and he asked if it's possible to split the soul more than once, like to create seven Horcruxes."

"And, Dumbledore thinks that he did?" Kiara asked timidly. Harry nodded gravely. "But, how could you find them? They can be anything or anywhere!"

"Two have already been destroyed. Tom Riddle's diary from the Chamber of Secrets, in our second year, was one. When I pierced it with the Basilisk fang, it destroyed it. Dumbledore, managed to destroy the other; his grandfather's ring. That's why Dumbledore's hand is black, it cursed him."

"So, there are five more?" Hermione said quietly.

"Four," Harry corrected. "The last part of his soul will be inside him. Dumbledore thinks that Hufflepuff's cup and Slytherin's locket are part of the four. He said that it's possible that he would've sought two more from Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but the only known relic of Gryffindor is Godric Gryffindor's sword that Dumbledore has in his office. So, he might have something belonging to Ravenclaw but the other could be his snake, Nagini."

"This is too much information at one time," Ron groaned, seemingly overwhelmed by the vast information that Harry was sharing. "So, it could be Hufflepuff's cup, Slytherin's locket, something from Ravenclaw and his snake."

"Exactly," Harry confirmed. "There's more as well. If all the Horcruxes are destroyed, he can be killed. And, it has to be me. It's not just the prophecy anymore; it's all the hurt and death that I have witnessed in my past, as well as the fact that he will never stop hunting for me."

Kiara touched his arm comfortingly. "Well, you're not alone in this, Harry. We will help you, until the very end."

"We spoke about your prophecy as well," Harry explained quietly. "Dumbledore thinks that, Voldemort wants you on his side to protect him and his horcruxes; making you his ultimate weapon. But, for us, it may mean that you can destroy them as well."

"I always thought that it meant that I could fight Voldemort's army or fight ours. And whoever I fight for, will win because of my powers," Kiara sighed at the prospect that the prophecy could mean even more now.

"It's only Dumbledore's theories for now," Harry admitted. "But mostly, he's focussed on trying to find them, rather than destroying them." 

"So, that's where Dumbledore keeps going when he leaves the school?" Hermione whispered. "To find them?"

Harry nodded. "And, he's close to finding another one. He's asked me to come with him to destroy it when he does."

"Wow," Ron murmured in astonishment, when Harry finally finished telling them everything; Ron was waving his wand very vaguely in the direction of the ceiling without paying the slightest bit of attention to what he was doing. "Wow. You're actually going to go with Dumbledore... And try and destroy... Wow."