Ch. 31: Sectumsempra

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 31: Sectumsempra

A few days before the match against Ravenclaw, Kiara and Harry were walking down to dinner alone from the common room. Harry joined Kiara in case Cameron managed to corner her once more while Ron rushed off into a nearby bathroom to throw up yet again due to his nerves of the upcoming Quidditch final and Hermione dashed off to see Professor Vector about a mistake she thought she might have made in her last Arithmancy essay.

"Come on, I want to go past the Room of Requirement," Harry said quietly, directing the pair along the seventh-floor corridor.

"What are you trying to achieve, Harry?" Kiara sighed in exasperation. Harry pulled out the Marauder's Map as they walked.

"I'm hoping that I'll at least catch him entering the room and I can slip in behind him with my..." Suddenly, Harry walked right into a suit of armour that collapsed over the floor. The loud crash rebounded along the walls which would attract any teacher or worse, Filch. Harry grabbed Kiara's wrist and they hurried down the marble staircase, along the passageway below.

"Harry, what on earth-,"

"He's in the boys' bathroom up... Here..." Harry muttered, pressing his ear against the bathroom door. Kiara hesitated. She wondered if Harry's obsession with her brother was becoming out of hand and somewhat, creepy.

"Harry, there's no point. He's just using the bathroom," Kiara attempted to protest but Harry pushed the door open to spy on her brother. She huffed and folded her arms, quarrelling with herself. Her eyes were gold as she realised that she needed to follow him. "A boys bathroom? You've got to be kidding me. The things that I do for you, Potter."

She tiptoed after Harry, standing behind him as they hid behind the wall.

Draco was standing with his back to the door, his hands clutching either side of the sink, his white-blond head bowed. Kiara's eyes widened when she realised that his whole body was shaking. He was crying. His knuckles were white as they squeezed the marble, the porcelain sink holding his weight completely. A strangled sob escaped from his mouth and he ripped off his tie.

"Harry, come on," Kiara whispered, pulling his sleeve. She didn't want Harry to witness this, especially if Draco accidentally revealed his Dark Mark without thinking. Harry remained rooted to the spot, watching the scene unfold.

"Don't," A voice crooned from one of the cubicles. Kiara recognised it as the ghost of Moaning Myrtle. "Don't... Tell me what's wrong... I can help you..."

"No one can help me," Draco gasped out. "I can't do it... I can't... It won't work... And unless I do it soon... He says he'll kill me... I've hurt so many people and I can't believe what I've done..."

Draco gasped and gulped and then, with a great shudder, looked up into flu-cracked mirror. His eyes were red and his face was contorted as he sobbed. He stared at his reflection for a moment, before his expression was replaced with horror as he saw Harry and Kiara staring at him over his shoulder.

"I know what you did. It was you, Malfoy," Harry growled. "You hexed her, didn't you?"

Draco wheeled around, drawing his wand. Without a second thought, Harry pulled out his own and pushed Kiara to the side, shielding her from Draco's hex that missed the pair by inches and shattered the lamp on the wall beside them.

"Harry, no!" Kiara screamed but it was too late. Harry threw himself sideways, recovering quickly and flicked his wand, attempting a non-verbal spell but Draco blocked the jinx, attempting another. Draco ran to the other side of the bathroom stalls while Harry followed at lightning speed, firing spell after spell.