Ch. 29: Get Lucky

"Kiara Riddle."

Chapter 29: Get Lucky

Summer was approaching at Hogwarts with patches of bright blue sky and sunshine appearing on odd days here and there. As she sat in the corner of the courtyard after lunch with Harry, Ron and Hermione one sunny day, she read the letter that she received earlier from Fred and George. This letter, she noticed, was in Fred's handwriting.

Dear Kiara,

You can disappear and reappear in flames and you don't think that's cool? It's probably not even Apparating which means you could leave Hogwarts whenever you'd like.

Not that we are encouraging you to do so but if you do, you should visit us.

Of course, you are more than welcome to stay with us in our apartment at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes over the summer. We will talk to mum first about it, because she is probably the only one who will protest the most. If she doesn't listen though, we will just kidnap you anyway. We expect you to work with us as our third partner.

I'm glad you're okay. If you need anything, please send me a letter straight away and I will be there with some Wildfire Whiz-Bangs and Skiving Snackboxes without antidotes. If that doesn't work, I'm sure a Melofors jinx will be perfect.

The writing underneath this was crossed out as if Fred wrote something but changed his mind.

As for what I said that night, I don't even remember! It must've been something silly so it's not important. Don't worry too much.

We've released a new product, Weather in a Bottle. It changes the weather in the room to the specific one that you choose. How perfect would that be in winter when you want a nice sunny day.

We miss you too.

Pranks and love,

Fred and George x

"There must be a way to get into the Room of Requirement," Harry muttered under his breath.

"For the last time, just forget about Malfoy," Hermione told Harry firmly.

Hermione and Ron were both clutching a Ministry of Magic leaflet — Common Apparition Mistakes and How to Avoid Them — for they were taking their tests that very afternoon, but the leaflets had not proved soothing to the nerves.

Ron gave a start and tried to hide behind Hermione as a girl came around the corner. "It isn't Lavender," Hermione said wearily.

"Oh, good," Ron relaxed back into his position.

"Aren't you meant to be dating?" Kiara rolled her eyes.

"Well... I just want some space, she's getting a bit-,"

"Obsessed?" Kiara finished.

Ron shrugged. "I was going to say 'much,' but that works better."

"Harry Potter?" The girl said. "I was asked to give you this."

"Thanks..." Once the girl was out of earshot he said, "Dumbledore said we wouldn't be having any more lessons until I got the memory!"

"Maybe he wants to check on how you're doing?" Hermione suggested, as Harry unrolled the parchment. Kiara glanced over his shoulder, noticing that it wasn't Dumbledore's neat, cursive writing. Instead, the scrawl was messy and nearly illegible. Harry passed Kiara the note to read. There were inky blotches all over it. Tears had clearly fallen thick and fast upon the parchment.

Dear Harry, Ron, Hermione and Kiara,

Aragog died last night. Harry and Ron, you met him and you know how special he was.