Beware The Frozen Heart

Samantha helped Dan out the window and went sliding down to the ground with him. "I'll go find Phil! Keep an eye out for Martyn, Adrian, or James! If you see James, find me! If you see Martyn or Adrian, help them find me!" Dan yelled, trying to be heard over the wind. "Good idea! Let's split up!" Samantha yelled back, the wind breaking her apart. Dan ignored her pun and set out to find his friends. Two of those friends were in a sled that was being pulled by a terrified horse. Knowing this wasn't helping, Martyn and Adrian jumped out of their sled and went searching for Dan, despite it being difficult to see or hear anything in the loud, snowy wind. Meanwhile, Phil was rushing against the wind, looking around desperately for a sign of Dan. "Dan! Dan!" Phil yelled. He refused to believe that Dan was still in the mountains. He knew Dan was nearby. He could feel it. And he was right. Dan was nearby. And he was getting colder by the second. Dan looked at his hands and found they were coated in ice. "No." Dan whimpered. He continued searching, refusing to give in to his frozen heart. But he was running out of time. He was cold and weak. He could barely even speak.

"Phil! Phil!" Dan whispered as he struggled to walk, his feet frozen. Phil thought he heard Dan's whispers. "Dan?" he called out, unable to see him anywhere. But James was right behind him. "Phil! You can't run from this!" James yelled. Phil turned around and saw James. "Just leave me alone! I'm trying to find my best friend!" Phil shouted. "You mean Dan? He returned from the mountain, weak and cold. He said that you froze his heart." James informed Phil, making him gasp. He froze Dan's heart? That's exactly what Grandpabbie warned him about not being so easily changed. "I tried to save him, but it was too late! His skin was ice, his hair turned white. Your best friend is dead! Because of you!" James lied. Phil was absolutely crushed. He killed the boy he loved. He fell to his knees and cried. Almost immediately, the wind stopped. It stopped snowing and all was quiet and clear.

Martyn and Adrian saw Dan up ahead and ran towards him. Dan saw them rushing towards him and sighed in relief. But then he heard something. He turned to his left and was horrified. James was holding a sword and slowly sneaking up on a weeping Phil. Dan knew he had to save him. Mustering up the last of his strength, he ran to Phil's aid. "No!" Dan yelled, stepping in front of Phil. He was about to grab the sword but it was too late. He froze solid and the sword smashed into smithereens. James slipped and hit his head, knocking him out. Hearing what happened behind him, Phil looked up. "DAN!!!" he screamed at the top of his lungs, standing up. He could barely process what he was looking at. Dan had turned into ice. And it was all his fault. Dan was gone. Forever. "Dan. No, please, no." Phil begged. He hugged Dan and sobbed hysterically. "This was all my fault! I did this to you! I'm a monster! I'm so sorry! I didn't want this to happen! I love you, Daniel Howell!" Phil cried, sobbing and sniffling. Martyn, Adrian and Samantha walked over to Phil and the frozen Dan, their heads lowered in grief.

Phil was so busy crying, he didn't notice Dan was starting to thaw. Samantha was the first to notice and gasped. "Look!" she exclaimed. Martyn and Adrian gasped when they saw Dan thawing. In a matter of seconds, he was completely thawed. Even the white streak at the back of his head from when he was little was gone. Dan looked down and saw a crying, living Phil. "Phil?" Dan asked. Phil looked up and smiled widely with tears in his eyes. "Dan?!" he exclaimed. The two hugged tightly, crying quietly into each other's shoulders. They finally pulled away to speak. "Dan. You sacrificed yourself for me?" Phil asked. "Of course I did. I love you." Dan answered. Phil immediately kissed Dan and was pleasantly surprised when he felt Dan kiss back. They waited so long for this. Their true love's kiss. When they finally stopped, Samantha remembered what Grandpabbie said and realised what just happened. " "An act of true love will thaw a frozen heart"." she stated. This gave Phil an idea.

"Love will thaw. Love. Of course. Love!" he thought out loud. He waved his hands and the snow, ice and frost began to lift into the sky. Soon, all of Arrendelle was thawed and there was a giant snowflake in the sky. Phil made it evaporate and looked around. He did it. Not only did he learn how to reverse his powers, but he knows how to control it now. "I knew you could do it." Dan praised. "Thanks to you." Phil answered. They hugged again. "I love you, Danny." Phil said. "I love you too, Philly." Dan answered. "Hands down, this is the best day of my life. And quite possibly the last." Samantha announced, melting. "Samantha! Hold on there!" Phil exclaimed, waving his hand to put Samantha back together and gave her a little snow cloud, making her gasp. "My own personal flurry!" she giggled. Dan and Phil looked to their right and saw James regaining consciousness. They looked at Adrian and Martyn and they knew what to do. Dan and Phil walked up to James. "Daniel? But Phillip froze your heart." he said in confusion. "The only frozen heart around here is yours." Dan and Phil said at the same time, before Adrian and Martyn threw James into the sea.