Finding Phil's Palace

Dan, Adrian, Martyn and Samantha were getting closer to Phil's palace. "So how exactly do you plan on stopping this weather?" Martyn asked. "Oh, nothing special. I'm just gonna talk to Phil and see where it goes from there." Dan explained. "That's your plan? Our ice business is riding on you talking to your friend?" Adrian asked in disbelief. "Yep." Dan responded simply. "So you're not at all afraid of him?" Adrian questioned. "Why should he be? I'm sure Phil's a good guy when you get to know him." Martyn said. "Yeah. I bet he's the nicest, gentlest, warmest person ever." Samantha added, accidentally walking into an icicle. "Oh look at that, I've been impaled." she giggled.

They came across the end of the trail. A huge stone wall blocked their way. "Hmmm. It's too steep. We only have one rope and you don't know how to climb mountains." Martyn said. "Says who?" Dan asked. Adrian nudged Martyn to get him to look up. "What are you doing?" Martyn asked. Dan was trying to climb the stone wall and failing miserably, but he wasn't giving up. "I'm...going...to see...my best friend." he told Martyn. "How do you know Phil even wants to see you?" Adrian asked. "Well, if they're best friends, why wouldn't Phil want to see him?" Martyn countered. "Well, for one, most people who disappear into the mountains want to be alone." Adrian said matter-of-factly. "Nobody wants to be alone! Except maybe you two." Dan sassed. "We're actually not alone, Daniel. We have friends. And they happen to be amazing healers AND love experts." Martyn said. "You, friends with love experts? Yeah right." Dan replied sarcastically, still struggling to climb. Adrian was about to help Dan when Samantha called them. "Hey Martyn and Martyn? Not sure if this is gonna solve the problem but I found a staircase that leads exactly where you wanted to go." she said. "Haha! What a relief! Here, catch me!" Dan said, jumping off the wall. But this felt familiar to him.

𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘢𝘯: 𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦!

𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘗𝘩𝘪𝘭: 𝘚𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯!

Adrian caught Dan and noticed he was breathing heavily and seemed shocked. "Are you ok?" he asked. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Weird. That was like déjà vu or something." Dan said. They found the stairs to the ice palace and stared in awe. "Wow. Now that's ice. I might cry." Martyn confessed. "Go ahead. I won't judge." Dan replied, not taking his eyes off the palace. They walked up the stairs and Dan stood in front of the door, debating wether or not he should knock. "Knock. Just knock. Why isn't he knocking? Do you think he knows how to knock?" Samantha whispered. Taking a deep breath and mustering up all his courage, Dan knocked and the doors opened. "Wow. It opened. That's a first." Dan mumbled in surprise. "Oh, maybe you guys should stay out here. Last time Phil met someone new, he kinda froze everything." he warned. "Oh, come on! It's a palace made of ice! Ice is our life!" Martyn protested. "Bye Martyn and Martyn." Samantha said, about to walk inside before Dan stopped her. "You too, Samantha." Dan added. "Me?" Samantha asked, sadly. "Just give us a minute." Dan requested. Samantha nodded. Dan went inside. "One. Two. Three. Four." Samantha counted, waiting for a minute to be over.