The Betrayal

"I'm going back out to look for Daniel." James announced. "You can't possibly look for him in this weather." a servant said. "If anything has happened to the prince-" James started but was interrupted by Cat bringing Dan into the room. "Dan!" James exclaimed, rushing to Dan to hold him. "James, if you love me, prove it. You have to kiss me!" Dan begged. "What?" James questioned. "We'll give you two some privacy." Cat said awkwardly, as she and the others left the two alone. "What happened out there?" James asked. "Phil struck me with his powers." Dan admitted. "I thought you said he'd never hurt you." James said in disbelief. "It was an accident. He didn't mean it." Dan explained. He shivered and James laid him down on the couch.

"He froze my heart. And only an act of true love can save me." Dan explained. "A true love's kiss." James thought out loud. He leaned in but Dan stopped him. "James, I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I know this is probably gonna end up dicking me over in the end, but I don't think the kiss will work. I don't love you. I love Phil. And honestly, nearly the whole time I've known you, I wanted to get away from you. When you interrupted me and Phil's conversation, I wanted to tell you to fuck off. When you kept putting your arms and hands around me, I wanted run away. I was too scared to say no when you asked me to be your boyfriend. And I put you in charge of the kingdom just so I could get away from you." Dan confessed. "Oh. I see." James said sadly, looking hurt. But his sad frown turned into a smirk. "That just makes me feel less guilty about what I'm going to do." he added. He got up and closed the curtains. "What are you talking about?" Dan asked nervously.

"After my wife divorced me and took over the kingdom, I didn't stand a chance. I knew I'd have to marry back into the throne somewhere. As heir, your friend, Phil, was preferable of course but no one was getting anywhere with him. But you. You were so desperate for a friend, so desperate for love, you were willing to just let me into your life just like that. I figured after a few weeks, I could wear you down to the point where I could convince you to marry me. And after that, I'd have to stage a little accident for Phil, but he doomed himself. And you were dumb enough to go after him. Now all that's left do is kill Phil, and bring back summer." James monologued, extinguishing the fire in the fireplace and heading for the door. "You won't get away with this, you bastard." Dan warned. "I already have, little fairy." James said, closing the door and locking it. Dan fell off the couch and crawled to the door, desperately trying to open it. "Phil. Phil." Dan whispered, his hair turning completely white. Dan didn't care about his frozen heart anymore. Right now, all he wanted to do was warn Phil. He wanted Phil safe.

The royals were gathered in the dining room when James walked in looking distraught. "Your Majesty, is everything alright?" one of them asked. "Prince Daniel is...dead." James lied. Everyone was shocked. "What happened?" another royal asked. "He was murdered...by the king's magic." James exaggerated. Everyone gasped. "At least we got to confess our love...before he died in my arms." James added. "There is no doubt about it now. King Phillip is a monster and a threat to us all. Prince James, you're all Arrendelle has left." a royal said. "It is with a heavy and broken heart, that I find King Phillip guilty of manslaughter. And sentence him to death." James announced.

Meanwhile, Phil was completely unaware of his impending doom. However, he was aware that his powers might the key to his escape. His shackles were completely frozen and the walls were starting to freeze. He pulled and pulled on the chains until he broke free. He used his powers to break the wall down and ran away from the castle. The others found the destroyed frozen cell and James decided to go after Phil.