To The Mountains

"What?!" James exclaimed, shocked. "Bring me my horse, please." Dan requested, ignoring James's reaction. "Dan, no! It's too dangerous." James pleaded, grabbing his arm. Dan chuckled and pushed James's hand off. "Phil's not dangerous. Trust me, I know the guy. You'll see. I'll bring him back and everything will be fine." Dan said confidently, walking to Cat who had Dan's horse and cloak. "Thank you, Cat." Dan said politely, putting his cloak on. "Bring Phil home." Cat pleaded, helping Dan onto his horse. "I'm coming with you." James insisted. "No. I need you to stay here. To take care of Arrendelle." Dan replied, using the best excuse he could think of to keep James away. "I leave Prince James of Onision in charge." Dan announced, the crowd murmuring unsurely. "Are you sure you can trust him? I don't want you getting hurt." James asked. Dan smiled. "Phil's my best friend. He would never hurt me." Dan answered, taking off on his horse. They raced towards the mountains where Phil fled.

Meanwhile, Phil was almost at the top of The North Mountain. He was tired from running. He could barely see Arrendelle from where he was. He thought of the fear on everyone's faces when they saw him use his powers. He thought of the night he hurt Dan. He thought of how long they were separated. He thought of how happy they were tonight when they were together. He thought of how far away he was from Dan now. He can't hurt Dan from here. Dan was safe. Phil looked at his glove and remembered how much trouble and stress his gloves caused him. He ripped it off and threw it into the wind. He took off his cape knowing the cold never bothered him anyway. For the first time in years, he decided to let his powers go. He wanted to see just how much they could do. He came across a gap to large to jump across so he built a stairway out of ice. He reached the other side and decided to go one step further. He created a whole palace out of ice. As Phil looked around at his new home, he took off his crown and tossed it aside. He styled his hair into a quiff and made himself a new outfit out of ice and frost. He gazed at the sunrise, feeling a sense of freedom overcome him.

Dan was still searching for Phil in the mountains on his horse. "Phil? Phil! Phil, it's me, Dan! Your best friend who didn't mean to make you f-freeze the s-summer! I'm sorry, it's-it's all my f-fault." Dan called, shivering. He was freezing cold. He had been looking for Phil all night. Suddenly a pile of snow fell onto Dan's horse causing her to kick, panic, throw Dan off and run away. "Wait, come back! No no no no!" Dan called. He sighed. "Great, now I'm stuck in the snowy mountains without a horse. How could this get any worse?" Dan thought to himself. He found himself walking for hours, angrily grumbling to himself. "Snow. It HAD to be snow. He couldn't have had tropical powers that covered the kingdom in sand, sun and..." Dan grumbled before spotting what appeared to be a small log building with smoke coming from the chimney. "Fire!" Dan exclaimed, before tripping and falling into a very cold stream. He groaned before getting up and walking to the quaint construction. He noticed a snow covered sign hanging from the edge of the roof and rubbed the snow off. " "Wandering Oaken's Trading Post". Ooh, "And Sauna"." Dan read. 

(Come on, give me a break. How am I supposed to replace Oaken?)

He opened the door and closed it behind him, feeling the warmth already. "Yoo-hoo!" a voice said. Dan turned around and saw a large man behind the counter, figuring this must be Oaken. "Big summer blowout! Half off swimming suits, clogs, and sun balm of my own invention, ja?" Oaken said enthusiastically in a thick accent. "Oh! Great. Uhhh, but for now...how about boots? Winter boots and clothes? It's freezing outside and my clothes are wet and cold." Dan inquired. "Oh ja, that would be in our winter department." Oaken explained, gesturing to a pile of winter equipment and clothes in the corner. "Oh. Right. Of course." Dan said, picking up what he needs. "By any chance did another young man, like, the king perhaps, pass through here?" he asked, getting some money from his pocket. "Only one who's been here since the storm is you, sir." Oaken explained. At that moment, two snow covered men entered the store, panting heavily. "You and these fellows. Yoo-hoo! Big summer blowout!" Oaken exclaimed.