The Next Morning

Dan went outside and found Adrian and Martin chatting by a tree. "Good morning Dan!" Martyn exclaimed. "Morning! You're certainly cheerful this morning." Dan chuckled. "Martyn's not really at his best when he's tired." Adrian explained. "And I'd like to apologise for my behaviour last night. I was dismissive and rude." Martyn apologised. "It's alright. I understand." Dan replied. "So, did you sleep well last night? We noticed you were smiling in your sleep and we didn't want to disturb you." Adrian said. "Yeah, I was dreaming. It was kinda weird though." Dan confessed. "Well, we'll have plenty of time to talk about it on the way to The North Mountain. Better get walking." Martyn answered. "What about your sled?" Dan asked. "It's no use without a reindeer or a horse to pull it." Adrian explained. "Oh yeah." Dan said.

The three men started their journey to The North Mountain. Along the way, Dan told Adrian and Martyn everything about his dream down to the last detail. He didn't want to forget a single thing. "It felt so real. Like a forgotten memory. But I didn't even know Phil had magic powers until coronation." Dan said. "What did make Phil go all ice-crazy anyway?" Martyn asked. "Oh. Well...It was all my fault, I guess. At first everything seemed fine and we were talking, but then this guy I met that day was looking for me and I didn't want to be rude, so I hung out with him so I could have a new friend. But then Phil flipped because this guy asked me to be his boyfriend and then-" Dan began but Martyn interrupted. "Wait, a guy you just met wanted to be your boyfriend?" he asked. "Yeah. So then Phil got mad, then I got mad, then Phil got upset and walked away, I got upset and grabbed his glove-" Dan continued but Martyn interrupted again. "Hold on a second! A guy you just met asked you to be his boyfriend?!" Martyn asked in shock. "Yes, pay attention. But the thing is, he wore those gloves all the time. So I just thought maybe he was a germophobe or-" Dan tried to say but Martyn interrupted him for the third time. "Didn't your parents ever warn you about stranger danger?!" Martyn asked. "Yes, they did. But I didn't want to say no or reject him or anything, even if he was a little creepy at some points. I hadn't had a friend in over 20 years. I was lonely." Dan confessed, looking down meekly.

"You can't really blame him, Martyn. After being alone for so long and not to mention losing his parents, Dan deserves a new friend, don't you think?" Adrian asked his friend. "Well yeah, obviously, but not with some creep who asks you out after knowing you for only a few hours." Martyn said matter-of-factly. "He clearly liked Dan and if how he's been with us so far says anything, who wouldn't? He knew what he wanted and had the courage to shoot his shot, what's so wrong with that?" Adrian inquired. "All I'm saying is, I think I see why Phil went bat-shit over this lunatic." Martyn stated. "Excuse you sir. James is a prince." Dan informed Martyn. "That doesn't mean he should have his hands all over you." Martyn argued. "How the hell did you know that?" Dan asked, shocked. "He was ACTUALLY all over you?! See Adrian? This guy is clearly no good." Martyn said. "And you're forgetting that Dan is a grown man who can make his own decisions." Adrian stated. "Yeah, and this grown man is a prince who commands you two to shut up about the whole thing! I might not be completely sure about how I feel about James, but he gave me more attention in one day than Phil did in 23 years! So can we go find Phil, bring him home and end this accidental winter, please?!" Dan shouted, walking ahead of Adrian and Martyn. The two felt bad for upsetting Dan. They said nothing and continued to walk.