Chapter Eighteen - To Be Understood

Darling, let me tell you a secret. In my heart, we are always kissing. - Alexandra Vasiliu

I ran up to Frank, who seemed to not want anything to do with me. "Frank, please."

He turned to face me, "Y/n, what do you want me to say? He thinks you never loved him, and then that scene over there with Brendon... It doesn't look good for you." Frank shook his head, "He's at the bleachers, alright? But I didn't tell you."

I smiled, "Thank you, Frank." The bleachers were outside, next to the football field. I saw him sitting in the grass in front of them. He was just staring at the grass by his feet.

I sat beside him, and stayed quiet for a moment. He looked up at me, and just looked back down at the ground. "What are you doing here? Don't you have some more dirt to dig up?"

"Gee..." I sighed. "Maybe I haven't been completely honest with you. But she had everything about me in that notebook and I was selfish and was going to sell you out in return for the notebook... I was scared you wouldn't like me if you knew all that about me, but I would rather the whole school know all that shit before I tell Hayley anything about you."

Gerard didn't reply for a minute, and I thought maybe he never would. "I didn't read the notebook. If you want to ever tell me your secrets, I'll gladly listen to you without judgment, but I would never read them without your consent." I smiled, and Gerard kept talking. "But... When did you stop pretending?"

I looked at him in surprise. When? "Probably when we actually started opening up. Like the caprisun conversation... but Gerard, it was never an act, I never pretended to be anything in front of you and you were always so nice and genuine to me."

He sighed, not seeming sure. "So, you meant it when you said you loved me?" His hair fell into his face and he looked back up at me.

I reached out to push his hair back, and I leaned close. "I do love you, Gee." Somehow I couldn't imagine why I hadn't noticed how amazing he was before all of this. I just needed to know him.

He smiled, "Good, because I love you." Gerard closed the distance and kissed me. My stomach tying itself in knots. No matter how many times we've kissed, he will always make me feel this way. He pulled away, "You really had a crush on Hayley, though?"

"Wait, so you do know about that?" My eyes widened. My 'big' secret.

Gerard laughed, "Wait, was the seriously your biggest secret? That's so lame unless you're homophobic, I guess?" I just wrapped my arms around his side.

"Just shut up," I mumbled. "I didn't want you to hate me for anything I've done for Hayley."

He hugged me back, "I could never hate you, alright? Now, do you wanna come over again tonight?"

I nod against his chest, "And we can cuddle?"

Gerard laughed, and ran his fingers through my hair, "Yeah, sure, we can cuddle."

"Awesome." It's nice to be known and understood by someone.

The End

I wrote this in all in 6 hours, be impressed or whatever and check out my other book if you want idk. I've spent actual weeks writing and editing that so it's like higher quality and has a better plot. But it was fun writing this !! I'll write more short stories like this soon. Thanks for reading <3