Chapter Four - Proclamation Of Neutrality

She was a lost bird in an endless sky. But when she spreads her wings, she remembered how to fly. - Atticus

"I'm telling you, she just gets to me for some reason!" I exhale, moving my hands as I speak.

Frank was younger than me, and usually was all about the things I talked about and did, besides now. Because now it was about a girl. "Man, you don't even know her." He took a drag from a cigarette, who knows how he got them. Probably stole them knowing him.

I roll my eyes, "Well, I want to know her." The door of our hangout creaked open, but it was only Ray so I continued to talk. "But I don't know how to go about it, y'know?"

Ray chuckled, and spoke to Frank, "Is he still going on about that Y/n chick?" Frank nods and laughed with him.

With a sigh, I cross my arms, "Whatever, guys."

The door opened again and Bob was in the entrance, he seemed out of breath like he had been running, "Guys, somebody is walking this way!"

We all look at each other in surprise and grab our flashlights. It was nearly ten, I don't know why anyone in their right minds would be wandering in the woods.

I thought about the other gangs that wanted to infiltrate our hide-out. Paramore and Panic! had made an alliance together, at least until they ended us, as they put it.

FOB made a proclamation of neutrality in this 'war' because as Patrick said, "We like all of you equally!"

They weren't like us, and I liked that about them. They were nice, just a bunch of friends hanging out.

Sadly, we couldn't get off that easily. Paramore and Panic! had a personal vendetta against us for some reason. They were always trying to get dirt on us. It always failed.

I shined my flashlight around the trees where Bob said he saw someone. My flashlight landed on a familiar face.

"Y/n?!"