Chapter Thirteen - Best Day Ever

The words never meant much, that's not how I loved. It was when she stroked my hair, when she thought I was asleep, that I knew she really did. - Atticus

I invited Y/n over to watch a movie at my house one night. Mikey agreed to leave us alone and not tease me again, so I didn't have to worry about that. But my mom was freaking out about me finally inviting over a girl.

"If my mom is a little.... uh y'know, overbearing, she's just excited that you're here," I trailed off, not wanting to sound weird.

Y/n nodded, understanding, "Okayy." I smiled, and let her inside. My mom immediately introduced herself. Y/n offered a smile, and held out her hand but my mom wrapped her in a hug. I laughed a little.

"I've heard wonderful things about you, dear," my mom smiled kindly.

"Mom," I groaned. "Can we just watch the movie?"

She sighed, "Alright, alright. He gets a little embarrassed, don't worry about him." Y/n laughed with my mom, and I eventually grabbed a hold of her hand and led her to the living room.

We sat on the couch, at first a good couple feet away from each other. As the movie went on, we moved closer and closer, as if we were magnets slowly getting pulled together. Her legs was against mine by the time the movie was only halfway through.

At this point, I couldn't focus on the movie. All I could think about is how close she was. I was looking down at her, and she noticed I wasn't looking at the television.

Y/n looked up at me, and I lifted my hand to her face and began to lean in. She seemed hesitant for a moment, but leaned into my hand, and leaned forward.

Our lips met, and began to move together. I remembered how chapped her lips were when she pulled out her chapstick in class, but they were smooth against mine. Sparks and warmth were flooding across my whole body. She never pulled away, only getting closer to me.

This couldn't be real. I was kissing my crush, how could this be real. I open my eyes and we separate. She just smiles up at me. I can't help but grin. "That was..."

She nodded, "Yeah. We should do it more often." Her head fell onto my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. I don't know how I got so lucky. Who was responsible for Y/n finally looking my way? Whoever it was, I couldn't thank them enough.

My eyes shut close, and my chin was resting on her head. She must've thought I was asleep when the movie ended. Y/n pulled away from me and held my face in her hands. She quickly kissed my cheek. "Goodnight, Gee." My face turned red, and I heard the door open and close.

This was the best day ever.