Chapter Seventeen - You Really Love Him?

With your breath close to my ear, I always measure the distance from Earth to Heaven. - Alexandra Vasiliu

In class, Gerard didn't look my way. I tried everything to get his attention, but he didn't seem in an alright mood.

The bell rang and he got up, pulled a book from his pocket and slammed it onto my desk. I flinched and looked down at my old notebook. The one that Hayley had taken from me. The one she was going to give back to me if I gave up the dirt on Gerard and his friends.

I just stared in shock. Did she give it to him? And tell him everything? Did he read it? Does he not love me anymore?

I shoved the notebook into my backpack and sat alone at lunch. I couldn't sit with Gerard. Now it was just like old times.

A few kids glanced between Gerard and I. Soon, I would go back to being invisible. And maybe that's where I belonged for being so terrible.

I laid my head onto the table. And tried to ignore how shitty I felt. Someone say in front of me. I wished it was Gerard. I look up, and it's Brendon. "What do you want?" He raised an eyebrow at how rude I sounded. "I'm sorry, I'm not having a good day. What's up?"

"I heard what Hayley did to you, and broke the alliance between Panic! and Paramore. And I noticed that Gerard didn't take kindly to what happened either. So... do you want to start a little alliance with me?" I didn't understand what he meant by this, but I noticed Gerard glaring at the two of us.

He must've really hated me now, so I nod. "What does that entail?"

Brendon smiled, not the same as Gerard's smile. "Well, do you want to go to Prom with me?" I looked at Gerard again, and he met my eyes. I wanted to know what he was thinking, but he looked away, talking to Bob. "You keep looking at him. But if he cared, wouldn't he be the one over here talking this out with you, not me?"

"I mean... Maybe. But maybe I should go talk to him," I began to stand up and Brendon grabbed my face pulling me closer. He kissed me, more aggressive than Gerard ever would've. It wasn't a bad kiss, it just wasn't Gerard. I pushed away from him, and saw people staring all around.

I look at Gerard's table, but he's gone. "Fuck." I look back at Brendon and shake my head, "Why did you do that?"

He frowns, "You really love him, don't you?" I nod, and he sits back down. "Hayley downplayed your emotions for him a lot. I thought maybe I still had a chance. You should go after him, alright? I'm rooting for you."

"Okay..." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by what he meant.