Chapter Fifteen - The Deal Is Off

Hold me tight, like the night hugs the moon. - Alexandra Vasiliu

When there was Prom posters hanging up in the halls, I began to worry. Gerard must've noticed me acting strangely, but I wouldn't say anything. Exactly two weeks away and it would be Prom. I was scared.

"Hey, do you want to come over tonight?" Gerard asked, grabbing a hold of my hand.

I began to smile, "Yeah."

He smiled back, "Keep that beautiful smile on your face, alright?" He quickly kissed me, and pulled away. I wrapped my arms around him, I just needed a hug. "You can tell me anything, Y/n. I'd never judge you for anything."

I nod, my head buried in his chest. I decided I need to tell Hayley that the deal was off.

After lunch, I wandered away from the guys and found Hayley in the hallway. "We need to talk."

"About what? You still have two weeks." She was blunt, and didn't seem to be in the mood for talking. This made me even more worried about her reaction.

"About that," I trailed off. "The deals off. I can't have you ruin them in front of everyone..."

Her demeanor became angry, "And why not?" Hayley raising her voice at me made my chest feel heavy. Why not? At first I was so willing to betray someone for my own want. But it's different now.

"Because I care about him, Hayley! So, the deals off," I began to turn and walk away.

She yelled after me, "Then I'll ruin you. Do you think Gerard will even look your way after he knows what you've done?" I don't look back. I don't want to listen to her. I want to believe she's bluffing. But I know she isn't.

I went to class and sat beside Gerard. Tears were building up in my eyes, and I tried to stop them from falling. An unnoticeable year fell onto my paper.

After school, Gerard walked me to his house, and we sat on his couch watching television together. The whole time I was out of it. I was scared of Prom.

But maybe Gerard didn't even want to go, maybe I wouldn't go. What would happen then? It would just be a rumor. Nothing more.

"Hey, Gee?"

"What's up?" He asked, switching his attention to me.

I exhaled, "What do you think about Prom? Do you even wanna go? I mean, it's super lame, like I don't know—" He leaned in and kissed me, and I kissed back before he pulled away.

"If you want to go, I'll go with you. But if you don't, we can just chill here and do something. I don't mind as long as we're together," he smiled, and my heart melted. Gerard didn't have to be kindest boy I've ever met, but here we are.

I smiled back, "You're the best person I've ever met, you know that? I love you." Our lips met again, and in between kisses we whispered sweet little nothings that meant everything to us.