Essence of life

She was standing in front of a Building named ESSENCE OF LIFE.

She took a deep breath. calm down. she pushes the door open and walked to the reception. A lady maybe in her late 40s greeted her with her big sunshine smile. "Good morning Ms." 

she returned her greet with a smile . "uh .. hello, I had an appointment with Mr. Ahmed." she glanced at the name broad that was placed on the desk 'Mrs chole brit'.

"Miss Sehar Ali?" she nodded her head. The lady looked up at her " Mr. Ahmed is not yet here, you can wait inside his cabin, straight and left . " she smiles in return.

She pushes open the door and walked inside. As she entered the cabin, calming ocean scent hit her nostrils .she closed her eyes and inhaled the scent .it was soothing to her restless soul .she opened her eyes and looked around her surrounding. The work desk is placed in the left corner near the window. A small couch was placed in the middle of the room along with a coffee table. There are two things common in that room, paintings, and books.  There were heaps of books everywhere around the room and multiple paintings hung on the walls .but her mind was captivated by multiple of books.  she always had a special relationship with books. Only Books were her distraction. 

A hot cup of Tea and heaps of trending -thriller novels were all she needs to comfort.

"Sorry, I am la.." As she turned around her voice stuck in her throat. Damn!

The person who stood in front of her was far from the person she imagined to be a therapist. He was all in formals. He looked like he is in his late 20s. His white shirt sleeves rolled up giving a nice look of his biceps. His freshly groomed beard and his black hair are slightly part towards the right, all bouncy and smooth. She had a sudden urge to run her hand through his hair. But something else that captivated her in him. His black eyes. That was staring at her without a bulge. Something felt oddly familiar. So strong that she could feel but could not figure out.

"Urgh.. sorry " As he scratches his neck with his left hand.

She blinked her eyes. Snap out, Seher! Then she realized that she was all staring at him. But the look on his face was telling her something else as if he is shocked or embarrassed to see her.

He was all flushed. Why does he look so flushed? It's not like we have met before right. or have we?

                                                 ________________________________________

What was she doing here? That was the first question that came to his mind. Did she know about him? Does she remember something about that accident?

 He was confused but content. Don't know why.  He couldn't let another soul die in front of him. He couldn't. He knew what it is to lose someone. He had the first-hand experience in that. But seeing her here brought peace to his heart that she is fine. Most importantly she is alive. But why is she here?

" I had an appointment with you today."

Wait ! an appointment? He checked his reminders on his phone.

"Miss Ali?!" She nodded her head. "Please sit " She sat on the couch. He went to the desk and grabbed a notepad and made his way to the chair opposite to couch and sat in.

"How are you, Miss Ali?"

"Fine." Her hesitations were evident in her voice. She shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Her fingers were nervously entangled with each other. " I am sorry I don't why I am here, I should probably leave ." She stood up and grab her bag to leave. As she was about to walk out of the door he called.

"Miss Ali, stay."

He could sense something is off. He could feel the hesitations in her words.

She turned around to see him ."Miss Ali, You have booked for the next 2 hours so why don't you sit here, have coffee with me. Maybe I could compensate for the money you spend on the appointment with a cup of coffee. "

Compensate with a cup of coffee? What hell is wrong with you sherry? He wanted to hit his head on the wall for asking her that.

She came back and sat on the same couch. He went to the coffee machine in his office. Came back with two steaming coffee cups. Handing over one to her and another one for himself sat on the chair across the couch.

 15 mins passed, they sat in silence sipping their coffees. Suddenly she spoke up breaking the silence.

" I can't sleep at night ."  She took a sip of hot brow liquid from her cup.

"Did you check with other doctors before? "

"No."

"Sleep pills?"

"Yes, nothing worked ."

"Stress?"

" Friend." swallowing the hot liquid through her throat as it tames down the anxiety attack as she began . " one of my friends keep seeing a bad dream that usually reminds her of her past " she grips the cup tightly "because of that she can't focus on her career. "

His lips slightly curled up as he watches her struggle to continue.

"So what kind of bad dreams she has ?"

                                                           _________________________________