Eternity

"What's wrong ?"

" Nothing ."

" You and I know that is a lie ."

she crossed her hand and leaned back in the chair . he avoided to look her eyes . he held his cup tighter as if it was too difficult to lie in front of her . His cold shoulders towards her getting into her nerves .

She sighed and looked around the cottage , there were numerous paintings hang over the walls . One of the paintings got her attention .

She got up and went near the wall to have a clear view. In the painting , the woman's back was visible , whereas the man leaned into her neck , his hands holding her hips where as her hand was on the man's naked chest . The lusts, desire , passion was dipping the painting .

" Does paintings fascinates you ?"

he voiced out , she turned around to look at him , she never knew when he came and stood behind her . he eyes darted towards the painting .

" No , I like books ."

"Then what captivated you in this painting?" his voice was aroused . calm yet filled but unsaid chaos. she could feel his eyes on her. She turned around to look at him.

" Love "

" But you don't believe in love."

she looked him in his eyes , in the darkness of his eyes she found her peace , her solace . Just the mere presence of him brought calmness and happiness in the air.

" I do." she whispered. " Now."

Why does it feel something else ?

He couldn't voice out . why does it feel like she is confessing ?

" What happened sherry ?" she asked again .

he sighed , " Nothing ."

" Cut it shehryar , We both know you're in pain . You're eyes say it . just spill it ."

" Nothing is going to change ."

"you will feel peace ."

"That painting was made by my dad." He pointed towards the painting . " it was dad's last painting ."

" last painting ?"

"Did he quit painting?"

she watched as his lips lift up . " he could never quit painting , he was a born artist ."

" Then what happened?"

" Life happened , my parents were killed merciless ."

" Why ?" she gasped as he said calmly .

"Because this world is full of snakes , they might seem to be beautiful outside but inside they're rotten." He took the cup and walked up to the window . " we used to live in Kashmir . My dad used to teach arts for kids , kids used to come from far to learn from him . he was quite famous painter of that time." He was physically present in that room but mentally he was back in Kashmir . he was missing it . the peacefulness of his valley , calmness of the fresh air . "My mother used watch her husband attentively teaching the kids , there was a spark when they both used to look at each other . People of the town used to tease my dad as a lovesick person ." he laughed at the memory . "because my dad was madly in love with my mother." She walked up to him , stood beside him . listening to him attentively as he spoke about his parents .