Soulmates

" What's this ?" she eyed the paper bag he kept on the kitchen counter .

" Some soup and chocolate cake ." he stared at amusing as she excitedly took the soup bowl out of the bag .

" Where did you find them ?" opening the lid , the smell of the warm soup worked chaotic to her nostrils .

" I made them ." She looked at him bewildered . she rummaged through the paper bag to find box. " That's cake ."

" Cake ?"

" usually people crave something sweet when they have a fever so I thought you would be craving to.."

"Thank you ." she looked at him , to find him staring at her already . " I didn't know I was craving for the cake ." she gave him a smile .

they fell into silence , there was a weird feeling that flustered in her heart looking at him . The way he looking at her made blood rush to her heart . Something was there , something very special that scared her . what if he turns out to be like him? Just a mere thought scared her . what if she becomes like her?

" Guys ! movie is about to start."

They both break trance from each other , he cleared his throat as she turned to look at samaira standing at the entrance of the kitchen .

" Come on." He walked out taking samaira hand , turn back to look at her ." Are you coming ?"

"yeah ." she picked the soup bowl and walked out .

******

A soft blanket was wrapped around her body as she lazily sat back glancing at the stupid romantic animated movie . She threw her head back and groaned as the kissing scene played in the movie" This is soo stupid ."

Romantic movies and she can never go hand in hand , they are always parallel ways. Romantic movies and novels are so cheesy .

" You don't like romance ?"

she turned her head towards them . Samaira passed out in the middle of the movie . Her head was on his lap while he was looking at her , the firesticks were lit up in the fireplace, to keep them warm.

" No ! Romantic movies usually hyped the audience expectation, I mean like in real life which guy looks up to his girl says ' I like the way you breath ' or any girl looks at boy and say ' I can't live with you.' " He looks amused , he always thought romantic movies and girls go hand in hand but he forget that she was any ordinary girl , she is Sehar Ali . she was was beyond his imagination ." you need oxygen to breath not a boy ."

" What about your soul ? doesn't it crave for another one?"

" How does a soul crave for another soul ?"

" To become complete."

"huh?"

" Ever heard of soulmates?" she nodded her . he leaned back stared at the screen . " do you believe in it ?" asked her in husky voice .

" No ." she leaned in the couch , staring at the screen ." Do you ?"

" Yes ! Soulmates exists . Souls always crave for his another part . to become one . do you know why people in love are happy yet sad ? Because they have forgotten what's Love is . Love is not a fantasy , that a princess keep waiting for their prince charming to come wept their feets off rather it is built on understanding, companionship, giving spaces to each other .

" I don't believe in any of those ." she turned her head to look at him , found him staring at her ." I believe heart is for pumping blood to organs rather then destroying them with unnesscary feelings ."

" Why don't believe in Love Sehar ?" she turned her head to the tv . Minutes passed she didn't say anything . he turned to stare at the tv screen .

" My so called father raped my mother in front of my eyes ."

he turned to look at her . Her eyes were bloodshot , that held anger in it . her voice was deadly calm , that shook him the most .

*****