Nightowl

This time, she gripped the cup way too tightly as if her life was depending on the cup, her graze refuse to meet his. Her breathing was uneven. Seems like oxygen depleted in the room. 

"Miss Ali?" Fraction of seconds he was kneeling down in front of her holding her hand.

"Breath, close your eyes, and remember those days where you used to be carefree, where you used to be happy ." She did what he said. she tried rewinding her memories where she could breathe without being fear but all she could remember was where she used to cry for help in that Room but in return all she could get was silence. where her voice was sub-pressed within those stained walls of that Room . she was suffocated.

" I can't breath ." her voice was raspy. she tightens the hold of his hand as if it is a lifeline.

"Look at me " she opened her eyes only found a black pair staring at her. Those deep black pairs held the light that she was reaching for years now. " Now Breath with me alright?" she nodded her head.

Once he was successfully calmed her, he sat across her.

" My grandmother used to tell me and my brother bedtime stories when I can't sleep at night, my favorite one was Night Owl ." she blinked at him in confusion.

"Night Owl?"

"One evening the baby owl and little bird sat on the branch of the tree gazing at the forest's beauty. The little bird said "the Fuza forest is mesmerizing in the morning. The trees dancing to the melody of fresh air and animals fetching the fresh water and sun raising from behind those mountains and the birds chirping they're welcome to the sun ." Listening to this the baby owl got sad and went to mother owl and ask" Mama, why can't we be awake in the morning and sleep at night like other creatures?" Then mother owl said "because at night all the creatures of forests sleep and it is easy to hunt food for ourselves without being served as ourselves as food to other animals " this statement shocked that owl and he asks " what do to mean served ourselves as food to other animals?" Mother owl replied, " in the morning at predictors are waiting for they prey so instead of being there prey in the morning why don't we be predators at night?" "

She was confused now "what are you trying to say, Mr. Ahmed?"

"Fear ." He came back and sat in front of her ."Fear often turns into nightmares that don't let us sleep at night. Like for owls fear of attack by the other animals in the morning while fetching food from themselves doesn't let them sleep at night and for our fear that turns into a nightmare  that haunts us while sleeping  ." He got her there. She was staring at him afraid that he could see through her, the naked truth engraved in her soul.

" And if those fears were related to your past then you must let them go. Usually, people tend to think a lot about their past that they don't realize that they are holding on to them. " He leans back at his chair and looked into her eyes ." Don't let your past control your present actions. Past cannot get involved in your presence until you allow it. Let it go and let yourself breathe without being pressured by your past ." He was right. She was holding on to them. Her monsters for her past didn't let her sleep at night.

" Miss Ali?" She came out of chaos taking place in her mind.

" Will say it to your friend?" She blinked her eyes. Friend?

Friend?" She looked at his confusion. His lips curled up.

" For your friend, you came here right?" His question taken back her and her eyes widen in realization. Crap! How can you forget that seher ? She wanted to smack her head for forgetting that.

" yes " she blinked her eyes." of course" she looked past him " friend " 

she looked at him "I will "

                                                         _____________________________________

The Winter sun glowing outside as she sat inside the café, Turskish song playing through her head-phone as she turned the pages of her crime novel. Unaware of her surroundings, just a cup of hot chocolate along with the crime novel and head-phone plugged in is where she finds solace.

"Urgh, I would freaking kill Ms. Fret one day." Alex slammed the books on the table and snatched the cup from her hand, sat on a metal chair . "just what I need ." shallowing hot chocolate from her cup.

" That's mine ." As she was about to snatch the cup back, Alex took the cup, shallowed the whole cup in one go. Alex gave a cheeky smile to her as she growled at her best friend.

She could hear the hustle sounds of students in the hallway as she and Alex passing by. "What's going on here?"

Alex turned to her " Mental Awareness ."

"Huh?" Not getting what Alex had to say.

" Our university has started a Mental Awareness campaign combined with some famous therapists for students in town ."

"Oh! But why now?"

" Remember last month, A girl killed herself because of depression in her dorm room so the authorities have decided to start a Mental Awareness campaign under the instructions of some therapist who would be visiting today. "

"Who is he?"

" I don't know apparently some Dr . Ahmed " her feet froze. " Girls are more like drooling over his picture. I swear to god, I head Jessica and her group talking in washroom...." She barely heard any of the words as she was busy dealing with her own dilemma. She can't see him more like he can't see her. She can't let people know that she was going to the psychologist

"Oh, he is here ." One of the students in front of her said. She looked up to see him talking to the dean of the university, he turned towards her, but before he could she see her, she turned around.

" Alex, I am going to the library across the campus." Before Alex could say anything she was off to her destination leaving her friend in confusion.

                                                                       ___________________________

Who was that? He questioned himself as he saw up. Does he know her? Have they met before? No idea. But still, his heart wanted to go behind that black hijabi.

You have finally lost it sherry.

                                                                                _____________________________