Samaira Ahmed

Winter nights are beautiful.

Cold hollowing wind, the season's first rain, and snow , the fire sticks burning into ashes in the living room , late-night hallmark movies and a cup of the hot chocolate mug, cosy and comfortable blankets .

Beautiful and comfortable date plan, but sadly he was single as the street light across his house .

He stood there , in his Room nearby window grazing outside the window .The city was bathing in frosting white flakes, burning sun was replaced by glorifying moon in the dark sky showering its blessing on the city , cold wind blowing through his window . Thinking about her. In his 27 years of life never has he lost his control , yearn to help anyone , yearn to be with someone . He had once tasted that been with someone thinking that she was the one , the one who supports him , become his home he once lost ,

Gosh he placed his heart at her foot but instead, she stomped with foot on it mercilessly and turned her back towards him .

Since then he stopped yearning for someone , he stopped yearning for other's .

But there is something different with her , something pulls him towards her , something strong . when she is around him the time stops , the way she checks him out , he liked that . the way she keeps stealing glances of him , he liked that . the way she felt in his arms when he carried her to his home , he liked that and many more things he like about her . like the way she carries herself in public , she knows her stand , that way she stood up for herself in morning .

she was broken but beautiful .

he has seen her weakness , he knows she yearns for home , for someone to comfort . her eyes shows it all . how broken she is , how badly she yearns to see someone see it . but she doesn't trust anyone , doesn't let anyone in .

he wanted to help , he wanted to know her . why ? he doesn't know . she was just a patient. just mere acquaintance. that's it.

The door slammed opened , revealing a monkey with his lopsided smile holding two cups of hot chocolate .

"Why can't you open the door like a human ?" he took the hot chocolate from sufiyaan . " what would be fun in that ?" he rolled her eyes at his comment .

Sufiyaan kept glancing him , with a teasing smile on his face . oh no . he knew what was going to come .

" So.."

he beat him ." Cut it sufiyaan , there is nothing like that ." sufiyaan raised an eyebrow at him.

" Just wanna make sure about it ." he sat there sipping his hot chocolate .

" So Is she dating someone?"

he choked on his hot chocolate making sufiyaan smile .

" Don't know ." don't why at that moment something stirred in his heart . A guy in her life , he didn't like that . why ?

But unlike him , the monkey beside him knew .

                                                          _________________________

The city was drenched in white flakes , cold and hollowing.

"Urgh ! I hate math . Who the fuck even created math?" She slammed pen down on her book ." Whoever created math should be burned on hellfire for eternity ."