Parsons Pond Club

Start from the beginning

"They ruined me. Them and that fuck, Daniel Best."

"Well, wouldn't you like to get a chance to get them back and in the process, get rich."

Calvin looked toward the bar.

"Betsy, bring a couple more beer and a rag to clean up this mess."

The woman walked to the table with two more beer and a dirty rag. She tossed the rag at Calvin.

"Ten bucks and clean up your own mess."

Jackson took out his wallet and passed Betsy a hundred dollar bill.

"Ain't got da change fer dis."

"Just keep the beer coming when I ask and you can keep whatever is left over. Now, please, go away."

Jackson rolled his eyes, as he watched Betsy shuffle back to the bar.

"Fucking hillbillies."

He looked back at Calvin, who was wiping the table.

"So, Calvin, do you want the opportunity to get back at Tuckamore Bay."

"Where is Simon? He was the one I was dealing with."

"Simon has disappeared. We went on a snowmobile trip to my cabin, in northern Alberta and the stupid shit got lost, somehow. They have searched for him for two weeks now, with no luck. 

My poor daughter is distraught."

Calvin stared at Jackson.

"You kill him?"

Jackson shook his head.

"No. The RCMP figure that he got lost on the trail. It was snowing heavy. They think that he might have ended up in the Peace River. They haven't found any trace of him."

Jackson turned around.

"Betsy? Can I smoke in here?"

"Cost you twenty bucks."

Jackson rolled his eyes, again. He took out a gold case from his inside pocket. He opened it and offered one to Calvin.

"Naw. Don't smoke."

"Pussy," Jackson muttered, as he lit the cigar. He exhaled a cloud of smoke and sipped his beer.

"So. Calvin. You want in or not?"

"You got a plan?"

"Well, the way I see it, I use my connection with Tuckamore Bay to get them comfortable and somewhere in the future we go in and take it over."

Calvin started laughing.

"You are going to take over Tuckamore Bay?"

He laughed harder. Finally he stared at Jackson.

"Go the fuck back to Alberta."