answers

Gail put her coffee on the desk and walked to the door of her motel room. She had booked the best room in Tucker's Motel, for her lengthy stay. A stay that would only end when her new home was built at the base of Tuckamore Mountain.

She saw Bill and Matty standing in the small hallway.

"Come on in you two."

Bill and Matty walked into the room

"Coffee?"

Matty held up a thermos.

"Just a cup for me Gail. I am cutting back on coffee. Just tea for me."

"I'll have one," Bill smiled, as he helped Matty take off her coat and boots, putting the boots next to his on the boot tray.

The three sat at the small dinette table, next to the kitchenette.

"So you all settled in?"

"As best I can," Gail nodded.

"I rented a small warehouse in Corner Brook, to store my possession, when they arrive from Alberta. It is a neat little place and heated. I hired a security firm to keep 24 hour security at the warehouse."

She put her hand on Matty's.

"So I hear you are having twins."

Matty smiled.

"Yea, so it seems. I am just so tickled pink by all this. Apart from the brief spat of morning sickness, it has been a wonderful experience, so far.

Don't know how I will feel when I am as big as a beachball and I have two little tykes kicking around inside my body."

"You must be excited, Bill. I know you guys were trying for a while."

Bill put his coffee cup on the table.

"I couldn't be happier. So much has happened since I came here to the Bay. I just can't believe it has only been seven months."

"Wow," Gail exclaimed.

"Most engagements last longer than that."

"Well things move fast here in the Bay," Matty laughed.

"And when you know it is right, well, why wait."

She looked at Bill, smiling.

Gail smiled a sad smile.