Matty Dove

"Condo in Jamaica," Bill repeated to himself, his eyes still closed.

"Please be a condo in Jamaica."

He opened his eyes, looking upwards. He could still see the lighthouse.

"Shit."

"Youse be oaky?"

Bill turned his head slowly, toward the direction of the woman's voice.

"Am I in heaven."

There, not ten feet from him, basked in a halo white light, was a beautiful red haired angel.

Bill forced a smile. "I am in heaven."

"Youse must 'ave 'it your 'ead pretty 'ard ifin youse tinks dis be 'eaven," the angel spoke.

Bill blinked his eyes several times. It was a halo at all, just the sun behind the woman, partially blinding him.

"Let mes 'elp youse up," the angel offered.

Bill felt her hand in his. A few seconds later he was standing up once again.

"Ise tinks dis be yours."

The angel passed Bill his running shoe that he had accidentally thrown through the open window of the house, trying to hit the demon mouse.

"Dis 'ere ting nearly 'it me in da 'ead. Why did youse t'row it at me?"

"I didn't throw it at you," Bill explained, as he put on his running shoe.

"I threw it at a huge rat that was hiding under the barrel."

The angel laughed.

"You means dat tiny field mouse dat was hidin' under dat barrel. I saw it runs around sa corner of da 'ouse."

Bill finished tying the lace of his running shoe and stood up again.

"It was as big as a rat."

"Well youse must 'ave small rats where youse comes from," the angel laughed.

"Actually we don't have any rats," Bill muttered. 

"Truth is I've never seen a rat before."

The angel smiled.

"Okay, so the rat story aside. Why was youse tryin' to climb into da window? Youse some kind of a thief?"

Bill shook his head.

"No, nothing like that. I just wanted to see the house."

The angel nodded, not looking too convinced.

"So youse decided dat da best way to see da 'ouse was to break in? Maybe Ise shud just phone the cops."

Bill shook his head furiously, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out the key ring.

"No. Look I have keys."