𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝟸|𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠?

Start from the beginning

Win happily picked up the knife like a kid that was too ready to devour the saccharine goodness of his masterpiece and motioned me to come closer

Win happily picked up the knife like a kid that was too ready to devour the saccharine goodness of his masterpiece and motioned me to come closer. I did and looped my fingers over his fingers that were holding the knife, wrapped one arm on his waist to pull him a tad to me, which earned a lovely smile. Under everyone's eyes, we placed the edge of the blade on the bottom tier and sliced down through the sugary pastry, and Win laughed in delight. The crowd cheered us for the umpteenth time since the beginning and by now, my husband was wrapped tightly inside my embrace making them whistle and chant for a kiss.

Of course, being the best husband that I am, my lips landed on Win's making him snicker

After the cutting ceremony, waiters served cakes to the guests which showed great appreciation for my husband's skills and made me proud of that fact. More hums of satisfaction filled the banquet hall once more until it was time for the ball. Some of the guests made their way into the floor little by little, ready to move rhythmically to music. Holding my husband's hand, we made our way into the vast floor in the midst of the crowd who paved the way until we were in the center to open the dance. A comfortable silence enveloped the place as I guide his slender hands to palm the back of my neck, and the quartet of strings played a melodious tune.

My fingers trailed the outline of his spine until my hand rested beautifully on my husband's curve on his ample waist. One hand was stretched on our side where Win gracefully placed his own hand over mine. Our eyes were locked against each other and I was lost in those lovely pools of hazel discs making the music dull. Right now, the only thing that mattered to me was staring and etching my husband's beautiful face in my mind. Appreciating every inch of it, and making sure that I wasn't dreaming and that he's really in front of me with that smile on his face, the flicker of wonders on his eyes, and love radiating from within him.

We were both so lost in our own bubble that we didn't even notice the other guests who were already dancing together with us, not until I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder revealing my sister with that pout on her face.

"Go and dance with Mom," she asked and pushed me slightly away making Win laugh from the sudden gesture. "We want to dance with Win, too, you know. Besides, you can monopolize him as much as you want after this whole thing. So, shoo," she said and waved her hands away as if shooing me. Though reluctant, I let go of Win's hand and Sky excitedly took her place in front of my husband while I made my way to where my mother was waiting.

The lovely dance went on, and I was able to do some waltz with Mom, Rose, our female friends, and of course my little sister who stole my husband just earlier. But was more taken aback when there were more females who were waiting in line to dance with my husband. I, on the other hand, mingled with some of our close relatives, downed a drink or two with cousins from other packs, wait on the side, and received blessings and congratulatory messages from Dad's business partners, and handshakes from a procession of guests. And Win was still dancing, but it was okay with me and I'm not jealous — I shouldn't be jealous because Win's mine, he had always been and no one would take him away from me.