𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺𝟽|𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚐𝚘

Zev Samthonglai

The door squeaked open once more and I groaned from the sound of footsteps around me until it stopped on where I was. Then the chains rattled against the wall and I can feel that I was lifted up by someone and we made our way out. I didn't need to know who was it because there's only one person who had been concerned about me and Film ever since I came back here in the pack years ago. I shut my eyes tightly until I heard another door opened and shut close behind us and my back hit the soft mattress.

"Thank you," it was Film's voice and I stirred up but my whole body was still weak from the shock until I felt her warm hand on my cheek. I cried.

"Shh," Film hushed. "I'm here, don't worry. Nothing happened to me and the pup, I'm safe. Please don't cry."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and covered my face with my hand. "I'm so ashamed of myself. I cannot do anything against him. I can't even protect you from him. I'm sorry, Film. I truly am."

Film didn't say anything but I can sense her shoulder shaking tremendously from what I just said and my heart clenched, even more, to know that she's hurting. That she endured everything just to stay with me even if all of these happened to us - to her. I wanted to die. I wanted to disappear completely. I wanted all of this to just end. I wanted to be out of her life - so she could live happily. But at the same time, I needed her - her warmth and her love. I didn't want to be away from her but I didn't also want to harm her too much. And I know that after this night - our lives would forever change.

The room fell silent and Film dipped on the bed beside me with her slender arm wrapped on my waist tightly. I turned around to meet her and wrapped her in an embrace - to feel her, to secure her, and to make her feel loved. That was the only thing that I could do for now because I am weak - how can an Alpha be this weak against an Omega? Why can I not find the strength to fight him? I had millions of chances to right all the wrong things that I have done even before - to Luna Maeve, to Sky, to Bright, and to Win. To give them a heads-up about Vince and all of his plans and plots of revenge against Rose. To ask for their help so I can save my mate and be next to my brother. But I didn't - I was a coward and I hated myself for being a coward - so now, we had to suffer because of my own weakness. 

I am so fucking weak!

As Film and I indulged in each others' arms - our bedroom door slammed open and banged against the wall making Film flinch under my touch. I tightened my hug on her but I was soon taken away from her again by my Father's guards as we continued to walk all the way to another room. Gord opened the door and the rest of them just shoved me inside like I was a piece of garbage and I gnashed my teeth from the pain - and humiliation.

I stayed on the floor and just felt its coldness against my skin when I heard someone groan making me lift my head up. My eyes widened with the image in front of me and the strength that I thought I had already lost suddenly bolted me out of the floor.

"Win!" I ran to the bed where he was and shook his shoulder to wake him up. Win's eyes were shut tightly. I placed my ear against his chest and was relieved that he's still alive. 

"Shit! Shit! What do I do?" I mumbled to myself as I tried to yank away the chains on his hand but it wouldn't budge. And the only thing inside the room was the bed where Win was lying down and that chair in the middle making me whine in frustration.

"Fuck!"

"What do you think you're doing?" I shut my eyes and calmed down before I turned around to meet my Father's eyes together with his guards.

"Why is he not waking up? What did you do to him?"

"Oh for fucks' sake! Don't act all too innocent now that he's here. You helped me with this so shut your trap and do what you're expected to do. He'd be awake anytime soon now - and I want you to act according to what we have discussed. One wrong move, son, and your mate will be dealt with."