𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟷|𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙼𝚎, 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎

Win Metawin

Bright continued to cradle me and by now, I've been feeling a little bit better and calmer. And I'm grateful for the fact that the diffusers were doing their job really well, since Bright's pheromones are tolerable enough even if I have been clinging unto him since who knows when.

After that talk with Rose and Clayton, I felt drained all over and hadn't move even an inch. I don't think it was tiring since we just talked, but then I felt so tired that I just wanted to stay perfectly still. Bright had been very accommodating, I must say - and for that, I am thankful even if I know that I'm acting a tad too much.

There was always this need to be next to him and being a big baby to him, which Bright doesn't seem to mind. His back was now pressed against the bed frame and the wall, while I slithered myself to him not wanting to let him go. And the silence amidst us was comfortable enough as I listened to that little tune from his heart making me gleeful.

I don't know if it was because of the fact that I've never seen him for a long time, but the amount of my whining for his attention and affection, as well as the usual skinships - had increased to a great degree. One might think that I am being a brat for always asking my mate beside me, but his presence would make me feel safe and at peace.

While I nestled on the crook of his neck, Bright never halted his gentle rubbing on my stomach which I find soothing, as well. He would hum some tunes that only he knows but then I found even those pacifying my unstable emotions. We were in our own little bubble and I loved everything about it because right now, there's nothing more that I would ask for.

As I found my comfort in the situation, our little bubble was popped by someone else's presence making me groan in frustration. The lady doctor looked at me with that wide beam on her face and a machine that she dragged behind her. Bright gave me a couple of kisses before he moved out of the bed and allowed me to lay down.

"Hello, Alpha. How are things going?" She asked Bright and I raised an eyebrow from that friendliness in her voice.

"Hmm, he did throw up a lot earlier because of my pheromones and I think he's tired," Bright answered while brushing his fingers on my knuckles.

"Hmm," she hummed before turning her attention at me. "Good afternoon, Luna. How are you feeling today?"

"Tired."

"Hmm, do you feel any pain in your body?" She said while placing that stethoscope against my chest, while I shook my head.

"Feeling tired is normal, which is often related to high level of the hormone called progesterone. So it is very important to get plenty of rest. Eating foods that are rich in iron and protein can offset it."

"Okay, how about throwing up? I'm just a little worried because he doesn't eat much, he only eats peaches, but he keeps throwing up," Bright asked while I looked at him with a questioning look.

"The exact cause of nausea is not known but the pregnancy hormones likely contribute to that. It's possible that the nausea, cravings, and food aversions can last for the entire pregnancy. Fortunately, the symptoms lessen for many at about the 13th or 14th week of their pregnancy. In the meantime, be sure to eat a healthy diet so that you and your developing pup get essential nutrients. Okay?"

Bright nodded and I furrowed my brows in the middle because I am not sure if I was hearing it clearly - nausea? cravings? food aversions? pregnancy? developing pup?

"Aside from that, he may go through mood swings, headaches, lower back pain, sore breast, heartburn, leg swelling and shortness of breath. So you have to always keep an eye out for him because this is his first pregnancy. More over, we need to be in constant monitoring because of the sepsis that he had from before."