𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟸𝟻|𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛?

Win Metawin

I helped out in ushering the guests into their seats with Sky and the Luna. I wasn't expecting it to be this big because when Drake did his Inauguration there were only a few of us. I mean, our pack's the biggest pack in the country so maybe that's the reason why a lot of guests from other packs came to witness Bright's Inauguration. And to be perfectly honest, I am such a proud boyfriend right now, and I am very much happy that Bright was actually trying his best to handle our pack. 

Finally, the time has come when the clock struck seven and everyone settled down as the spotlight flashed to the stage where the outgoing Alpha was standing. Bright stood on the corner breathing and being too damn hot with his all-white tuxedo, and I could still recall how much he didn't want to wear it because he looked like a bride. Cute. Despite the distance between us, happiness enveloped our midst when our eyes connected, and it was like magic how we both turned around to see each other. It was like telepathy and boom, I just fell in love even more.

Once everything was ready and settled, the event started when Edler Dim stepped onto the podium, in front of the large crowd, while Alpha Aegon and Bright stood on each of his sides facing each other. Even if we were far away from where they were standing, I can tell the amount of happiness that the Alpha was feeling right now - and how much nervousness Bright was also feeling at the moment.

Elder Dim started his blessings which were almost a whisper for a regular human like me and it was in a different language, so I'm pretty sure that I didn't understand. But everyone else was intently listening to every word coming out of the Elder's mouth and were beaming from ear to ear. Even my own parents were so focused on the whole event, while I was just there breathing and feeling so proud of this very moment.

A couple of minutes after, Elder Dim placed his hand on top of Bright's head and everyone stood up, clapped their hands, and started to cheer so loudly as both Alpha Aegon and Elder Dim did the same exact thing. Bright, though feeling a bit embarrassed with all of the attention being pinned on him - bowed his head and motioned everyone to take their seat as he was about to give his speech.

It was so funny because we fought over his speech; he just wanted it to be short and simple but I made it longer than he wants. He whined all the time when we practiced his speech because he doesn't want to memorize it. So, I printed it out and placed it in a folder on the podium. Besides, I never said that he had to memorize it in the first place, it was his idea - and he was also the one that didn't want that idea. So complicated indeed.

"Thank you so much to everyone who came here tonight for this special event..."

Bright carried on with his speech with much confidence radiating from where he was standing, and here I was sitting with a feeling of great satisfaction and pleasure for my mate's achievement. Being the next Alpha entails a lot of duties and responsibilities - especially making sure that the whole pack's needs were catered to very well. Bright knew that. I knew that and yet he was also very excited to handle our pack - and I was very much eager to stand beside him whatever happens in the future. While I kept my smile to a bare minimum, Rose kept on nudging me with her elbow and teasing me because I can't take my eyes off him. Why would I let him out of my sight? Just looking at him from afar can already make my heart flutter and my saliva drool - okay, I wasn't drooling...hopefully.

Every single one of us was in an uproar the moment he ended his speech and his eyes landed on me making me blush in the process.

And It hit me. A sudden wave of heat in my body. Everything inside of my very being was burning and the world around me was sent into a spiral out of control. My eyes wandered to him and his eyes looked at me with horror and worry at the same time.