𝙴𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊 𝟿|𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚘𝚗 - 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

Win Metawin

Though it had been a very nerve-wracking year at school studying, and also joining the club activities in order to co-mingle and socialize with people - it's finally winter break. And it's amazing because then I would have all the time in the world to be with my - friends. Okay, not only my friends though, I am specifically excited to be able to spend another Christmas with Bright. And this time around, I truly made sure to have a gift ready and prepared for our little exchange on Christmas Eve. We can never make the same mistakes twice. Though I was grateful that Bright ended up getting my gift last year and well, have three dates with me with the coupon - none of the said paper was used.

We could have used the first one during our movie date with the pack members but I used the same event as an excuse to still have three dates with him. Nonetheless, Bright had been very much busy these days not only with his studies but with things around the packhouse and the family business. Sky had also been constantly making herself available for the family, but it was mostly Bright since he would be taking the Alpha duties when he finds his mate in the future. And when he asked me a year ago if I would support him with whatever decision he would be taking in the future - those words that I said still remained true. That even though he never contacted me on our first date, I was still thankful that he was finally allowing himself to take on the responsibilities that he was asked to do. It was hard not to see him and be with him, but knowing that he would soon be our Alpha - everything was really worth it.

However, since it was winter break and we don't have school - Bright was finally able to have some time for us to spend and I would be lying if I say that I wasn't happy - because I was really very happy. Though had been a little awkward at first too since we haven't spoken for a while and yet our friends were very supportive of us that they were constantly giving us some weird and suggestive looks. The sister, Sky, had been nudging me with her elbow and was crowding my space so Bright and I could sit beside each other with literally zero millimeters of space between us. What was even more amazing was our friends were actually sitting five million lightyears away from each other. I wasn't complaining though.

"Win~" Chase chimed and I turned around to be met with his not-so-cute puppy eyes. "Where are the cookies that you baked for us~? My baby worms are hungry for your cookies~," he inquired and though reluctant, I stood up and made my way into the kitchen leaving all of them alone in the living room.

Just in time, the cookies were ready to be taken out of the oven and so I grabbed the mittens and carefully took it out so I could cool them on the rack. Surprising as it may seem, Bright was leaning at the counter with his arms crossed over his chest and somehow with an annoyed expression.

Confused, I placed the tray on the counter, removed my mittens, and gave my full attention to the still pouting male.

"What happened, Alpha? Why are you sulking?"

Bright sighed. "Win, why are you so sweet with everyone else aside from me? You didn't even make any second thoughts when Chase asked you for the cookies. Aren't I, your cookie monster?" Bright brushed his forehead on my shoulder and I chuckled lightly.

"Cookie monster," I parroted, and gave his hair a gentle ruffle. "If Chase didn't remind me, the cookies would be burnt into a crisp. I don't want my cookie monster to eat that, right? Stop sulking and just help me out with the cookies. Please?"

"Fine," Bright conceded and took out some plates from the cabinets. Due to the fact that I was whipped to the core with everything that Bright was doing - I accidentally touched the piping hot tray, screamed a bit, and flailed my hand around to lessen the pain of the burn.

"What happened?" voice panicking with too much worry in his eyes.

"I...uhm...I forgot that it was hot," I mumbled. Bright took my hand to his and checked the said burn all the while shaking his head in utter disappointment. "I'm sorry."