𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟺𝟶|𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛

[Shout out to arianaganda44 for this amazing chapter cover of Bright and Win!! Blessings to you!!]

Bright Chivaaree

Every inch of me was pumped with adrenaline as I continued to traverse the way back into the Silver Moon's packhouse and it felt like a lifetime. Once we've arrived, Aegon hurriedly ran towards me and noticed that Win was on my back when I continuously whined. Slowly, he untied whatever Sky used to strap Win and took him in his arms before he rushed towards the infirmary.

I shifted into my human form and followed the direction that they went only to be blocked by Maeve with a dress on-hand for me. Quickly, I slipped into it and continued to dash inside as I tore the hallway until my eyes landed on Aegon who was standing outside of the emergency room where Win is.

"Dad, I'll go inside," I announced as soon as I reached the outside of the room, but he shook his head and held me by the shoulder. "Dad, please."

"Let them do their job Bright. Trust me, they'll save him."

"Dad, he will panic if he doesn't see me there inside with him when he wakes up. He needs me, Dad," I sounded like a little child who whined to my father.

"I know, but you need to listen to me and let them do their job for now. Let's just wait, for now, okay?"

"Bright, listen to me. They will save him," he hugged me tight and I hugged him back.

But my eyes were fixed on the door, yearning for my mate.

•••••

My mind was blank and my eyes stared into absolutely nothing against the busy hallway with all the nurses moving around. I sat down on the bench just outside the operating room not knowing what to feel or how to react at the moment. Or what to exactly do in moments like this one. It's been hours since we arrived and we've all been waiting for them to emerge from that door. I held unto my chest and feel his heartbeat - faint but it's still there and I know that he'll survive this.

"Bright?"

I whipped my head in the direction of the voice and saw Rose and Clayton walking towards me in the hallway. I stood up and ran to her to wrap her in an embrace making her cry hysterically while I rubbed her back to at least soother her pain. I failed them again because I wasn't able to prevent this to happen and I am disappointed with myself for letting all of this happen.

"I'm sorry, Mom," was all that I could say to her.

"It's not your fault, son," Rose's sweet voice rang into my ears.

Tears fell down when I stared into her hazel eyes; as I remembered how gorgeous and calming those hazel eyes were from my mate. Will I ever see those hazel eyes from Win again? And with that thought in my mind, I squeezed her just a little bit firmly.