𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟹𝟾|𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

Bright Chivaaree

Tension rose in my body as I sat up from my bed gasping for air like I was deprived of it for a long time. Sky ran to my side as she traced her fingers on my back helping me calm my body down which took a while. When I felt that I wasn't as tense as I was before, I searched for my mate, but there were only the two of us.

"Where's Win?" I clutched unto her arms and shook it. "I asked you a question! Where's Win?"

"Bright, calm down."

"Where is he?!"

"We found you in the woods unconscious. We looked for Win all over the woods for the past three hours but we couldn't find him."

"His scent. Can you not smell his scent?"

"We followed his scent but it disappeared when we reached the border they masked it with a different scent."

"Impossible. How did they pass the border without anyone noticing?"

Sky shrugged her shoulders as a means of saying that she didn't know either. I placed my hands on my head as I tightened my grip on my hair. I shut my eyes and recalled that moment in the woods.

Midnight was running behind me and she looked so happy just being outside. And even if Win was a little bit strange at some point  - I'm not complaining about all the stares. Then I heard a twig breaking, my ears perked up and I stopped running while on my attack mode. I looked at Win and he was a little far from me but his sniffing something, and I did the same thing.

However, I felt a sudden sting in my neck and I got nervous quite frankly knowing that something bad was coming down. I needed to get near him and keep him close but everything started to get blurry. I shook my head vigorously while puffing air through my nostrils and looked at Win. His eyes showed fear of what was behind this and I tried to run back to him only to be stumbled onto the ground. I can't feel my legs. I mind-linked at him and he tried to run to me but he fell and he was whining.

My eyes were on him when he said that he was dizzy, I looked at where Win was one more time and I saw someone near Win and then everything went black. And now, I woke up in my room without any sign of Win - making both Shadow and I frustrated.

"Why did I pass out?" I looked at her once more and she showed me a dart.

"Wolfsbane, just enough to make you unconscious."

I massaged the bridge of my nose and quickly moved out of the bed while Sky followed me. This can't be happening right now! Shit, Zev got him and I don't know what he's planning to do with Win. I'm going to kill you once I lay my hands on you, you ungrateful piece of trash!

"Call them and meet me at the office," I instructed Sky and she nodded.

I dragged myself into the office while I grabbed my phone and called Aegon. He answered after the third ring. I informed him about what happened, though I knew that he already had an idea since it happened three hours earlier. What was the worst thing to say to Aegon? That I saw Zev before I lost consciousness, or was that him? I wasn't quite sure but I knew that no one else would do such a thing but him - he was leading the rogue attack for weeks now. And when he found an opportunity to grab my mate away from me - he did. Aegon hung up and I quickly scanned the library for the island's map.

About half an hour later, everyone was already in the meeting room while I was still in panic mode. I was pacing back and forth when I smelled Drake's scent - an angry pheromone and he quickly walked over to my side. Drake placed his hands on each side of my shoulder and squeezed it hard whilst his eyes expressed fear and anger.