𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟸|𝙸 𝙰𝚖 𝚂𝚘 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍

Win Metawin

It had been a week since I saw Rose and stopped contacting her, but right now, I miss her - so much. Though Clayton had been contacting me by sending me messages and some flowers, he also apologized for raising his voice to me that day. Other than that, it was only Clayton who reached out, what did I expect? I told her that I didn't want her to contact me unless I do it first, so she might still be waiting for me to get my brain back together after getting splattered all over the place.

Slowly, realizations of what I said back then made me wonder if I was right with all that I said, may it be out of the deep feeling that I had? Or may it be because of my pregnancy - I could not pinpoint perfectly well. But I knew that I was hurt because of the secret that she had hidden from me - knowing too well that I have prayed hard to the Moon Goddess to be a werewolf.

I sighed and my eyes were now oh the peaches that my mate had dutifully sliced into bite-sizes and into separate Ziplock bags - three for each meal and two for snacks. Aside from peaches, I can only eat certain types of food that don't upset my stomach - mainly, dill pickles. I have a whole stock of those in the fridge, too.

Slowly, I munched a piece and grabbed my phone which was lying on the counter. My thumb hovered on top of her contact but I retreated the thought of calling her. But then again, she's still my mother - the woman who birthed me into this world and took care of me. She had been my pillar and inspiration all my life, and now; I don't think she deserves to be treated by her only son that way. Rose had always acted for my own sake and never once made me feel alone, unsafe, or hurt. She never raised her voice on me and never landed even a flick on my skin - she was too good for me, and now, I've hurt her too much.

Maybe, what she did back then was the only way that she could think of to get out of the situation. Though she told me her flip of the story, I can feel that she's still at a loss for what happened back then - and that led to this and that. Worst, I even told her that she's selfish - I went overboard. She must have been hurt by those words that I spouted and perhaps, she wouldn't want to see me anymore. My heart clenched from the pain of thinking about my mother not wanting me anymore. Now that I have my own pups, I don't think I'd want them to grow up and resent me like what I am doing to Rose.

"Babe," Bright kissed my cheek sweetly before wrapping me in an embrace from behind. "What's wrong? Why are you not eating? Do you not like peaches anymore?"

"I still do like it so much," I answered and whirled into my mate's direction, slithered my arms around his waist, and rubbed my face on his stomach.

Right now, my nose's sensitivity was still at its peak that even the smallest disgusting smell I could pick up would make me throw up. But Bright's scent once again became my obsession - that talk with the twins really helped me, they don't kick him out anymore. I also found myself a nest inside our own room. It was stuffed with plushies and things from Bright - especially those that he wore from the day. It didn't matter if it is sweaty, because I even found the scent of his sweat arousing.

"I need to talk with Rose," I mumbled earning a soft hum from my mate. He took the stool next to me and turned my stool in his direction, trapping me in between his legs.

"Do you want me to go with you, babe?"

"It's okay, you still have a lot of things that need your attention."

"Baby, you know that I'd drop everything if you need me, right? I wouldn't hesitate for even a millisecond to think about it. Okay? And..." Bright rubs my stomach eliciting a smile on my lips and warmth on my face.

"You're carrying our twins. I don't want you to be stressed out. Okay? You're still not out of the woods as Dr. Fang mentioned, so being stressed will not have a good effect on you."