𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟼|𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝙻𝚊𝚠, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

[Chapter Cover Photo By ariannaganda44] Thanks, sissy!

...

Win Metawin

The next day after Bright's proposal, and me saying yes to that—I busied myself in my own study which was also inside Bright's office. Just because we're werewolves, doesn't mean we don't follow the legality in Oregon when it comes to same-sex marriage. And besides, we need to set a good example for our pack members with regard to this decision—to abide by the law set by humans.

We both know that same-sex marriage is legal in Oregon but we don't know the exact details and protocols about its existent—and it's a topic that we didn't touch. It wasn't in both of our interests since the twins birth because I was fairly content with the setting that we have, the packhouse, the kids, and living together like a married couple. And for Bright, he's bombarded with too many workloads, so I assumed that he was also okay with us just being boyfriends.

I mean, there's actually nothing wrong with that kind of setting because we're together, that's the most important thing for us. And for the twins to have two parents that would guide them as they grow old, a complete family that they can call their safe place. We don't really care about what other people may think about our relationship since it is a natural occurrence in our universe. But in the eyes of humans, it may be aberrant and something divergent—something that shouldn't exist because it's against their own norms and standards.

"What's keeping you busy, my peaches?" Bright asked while he walked towards my own desk leaving his own pile on his desk. He then places a soft kiss on my temple eliciting a purr from me and I relaxed on his touch. Though I don't smell like peaches, he still calls me that pet name and I'd be lying if I say that I don't like it.

"I'm researching about same-sex marriage laws and rights here in Oregon, babe. I mean, we still have to abide by the law because we're still part of the county."

"Oh, I never thought about that, silly me. You're right, the mating ceremony is held mainly for us to continue the mating process—which we actually already did back then when you had your heat. But marriage is an entirely different thing."

"Yes, babe. Hmm, want to join me?"

"Only if you let me sit on that chair and you on my lap, I'd gladly join you."

Though embarrassed, I stood up and allowed him to take the seat while I found my place on his lap. Bright snaked one arm on my waist while another hand busied on the laptop as he started to click on some articles until we reached a site with regards to Marriage and Domestic Partnership and read through it.

Truth be told, same-sex marriage has been legalized since May 2014 when a federal judge declared the state's ban on such marriages unconstitutional in relation to the Equal Protection Clause of the Federal Constitution. Throwing all that aside, what made me happy was the fact that we have the same rights, responsibilities, obligations, and the same state protections with opposite-sex marriage. In the eyes of the law, we are equal.

We both looked at each other and smiles were plastered all over our faces knowing too well that the fondness and ardor that we have for each other—is deemed natural, civil, formal, and would be fully recognized to be legally binding. That our love and adoration would be protected by the State, as well, and would not only be safeguarded inside the packhouse.

Bright pecked on the side of my arm and I imprinted one on the top of his head making him beam wide from ear-to-ear.

After reading all of those, Bright searched on how to apply for a marriage license which can be obtained through the internet though we still have to appear in the physical office to complete the process. Once the county clerk receives the written application for the marriage license from both of us together with some other legal documents, the county clerk shall issue a marriage license which shall become effective three days after the date on which the application was signed by the applicants. The county clerk shall indicate on the license the date on which the license becomes effective—and we shall have sixty days to have the ceremony.