𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝟸|𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠?

Win Chivaaree

The crowd goes completely silent as Bright started to hug the redneck wood of the guitar that sat on his lap, wrapped by his arms and pressed on his chest. He ran his fingers on the fret and plucked on the strings of the guitar, all the while looking at me intently. Sweet and subtle smiles from my husband sent my heart into its hammering state against my ribcage, making me almost light-headed and giddy all the same. Everything that he did was overwhelmingly beautiful and there was nothing more that I'd rather be right now but in front of him. To be in this very specific place wherein I can lay my eyes on him, and allow my tears to trickle on my cheek. He hadn't sung anything yet, but a drop of clear salty liquid was already damping my lashes.

"🎶I remember so well the day that you came into my life. You asked for my name. You have the most beautiful smile. My life started to change, I wake up each day feeling alright. With you right by my side makes me feel things will work out just fine🎶" the quartet of strings accompanied him making the whole mood of the song just pleasantly wonderful and heart-warming. Like the song was really meant for him to sing to me during this very special day in our lives.

"🎶How did you know I needed someone like you in my life. That there was an empty space in my heart. You came at the right time in my life. I never forget how you brought the sun to shine in my life and took all the worries and fears that I had🎶" his eyes were now smiling at mine, and I wiped my tears for the umpteenth time this evening. It seemed as though they've already had a mind of their own and just wanted to beautifully cascade on my cheeks.

"🎶I guess what I'm really trying to say, it's not every day that someone like you comes my way. No words can express how much I love you🎶" Bright unshoulders the guitar from him and gave it to Film. The accompaniments played in the background, and my husband stood up to his full height before walking toward me. A large number of my emotions bubbled up inside of me making me just sniff and wipe incessantly until I felt Bright's thumb against my cheeks.

By now, it was just a piece of instrumental music playing every so softly against our ears, it was a moment that everything dulled down as our eyes were locked on each other. Bright pulled me up with him and guided my arms to snake around his neck and his own hands glided on my suit and landed on my waist. A perfect fit. Though I am pretty much sure that I was never a good dancer, my own body had synced to Bright's movement and we were swaying to the tune of the song. It was almost the same as our first official date, where we enacted something out of a movie. Only this time, it was better in all ways and forms.

Bright shifted closer to me and I had found a spot on the crook of his neck, hearing the uncharted beat of his heart letting me know that he was nervous. Slowly, his fingertips trailed on the outline of my spine before we both pulled back, and Film handed him the microphone back. Bright held my hand firmly and yet comfortably before casting those gorgeous irises unto mine eliciting a genuine smile against my lips.

"🎶How did you know I needed someone like you in my life. That there was an empty space in my heart. You came at the right time in my life. I never forget how you brought the sun to shine in my life and took all the worries and fears that I had. I guess what I'm really trying to say, it's not every day that someone like you comes my way. No words can express how much I love you🎶" the words rolled out of his tongue sending a wonderful flow of happiness in me, rippling and warming the cockles of my heart.

My husband lifted my hand gently all the way to his lips and imprinted a soft and chaste kiss on my knuckles, tainting the same pink on my cheeks, a warm and fuzzy feeling coursing through me, and a rapture of euphoria tingling in every inch of me. The crowd cheered and applauded, and before I could even snap out of my husband's handsomeness, warm and soft lips captured my own making me shut my eyes completely and smile through the kiss.