16 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[Regrets]

Whoever thinks that falsehood overcomes righteousness, they don’t have full trust in Allah!”

Imam Ibnul-Qayyim

...

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh yaa Qawm:D, hope you are all doing well.

Sorry for the long wait!

The chapter is here, Alhamdulillah. In shaa Allah, we'll continue with the fourth part of it on Friday:)))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At a certain hearing distance from the great gathering, a young boy in a creamy thobe had leaned against the balustrade of one of the several pavilions with low-lying balconies nearby. A queer red bird was perched on his shoulder, and a dreamy smile plastered in a lazy manner on his debonair face.

Very close to him was a gathering of students who could be considered being at the outer periphery of the dense gathering. It was not that he couldn't go any further inside; because, actually, he could. In all truth, for the average and regular student, it would have been a herculean task to wade through the massive crowd. This was because everyone equally wanted to hear the declaration of the results loud and clear, and so craved proximity to the nexus of the proceedings. But he being the most elite student in erudition in all of Sky Legacy Haven, who could actually hinder his way if he decided to move to the very front?

Actually, Kahf stood there because he did not want to be noticed by the crowd; he loved the peace and quiet, and hated attention. He wasn't ready to go through the facade of false smiles and fawning as he moved through the crowds. As everyone was wholly concentrated on the happenings at the forefront, or engaged in their own heated conversations about all that was going on, he didn't have to be bothered much about being seen from where he stood.

Considering how information and rumours passed on easily and with record-breaking speed here in SLH, he didn't have to also worry about how information was going to be transmitted to him from the forefront, in spite of the fact that the PA system wasn't prepared in time to address this issue. The group of students near him were particularly vociferous about their discussions.

“From time immemorial, Sky Legacy Haven has always had the Nine Mureeds!

Only the Nine Mureeds from every generation have been able to walk the Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps challenge and excel with the highest number of ãyaat! They're crowned the most exceptional students of the Qur'an, and are given access to most of the knowledge reserves of SLH!

They also go on to become the apprentices of the Seven Doyens, scholars who are notable for their high integrity, scholarship and authority here in SLH, and are only second to the Grand Doyen!

Once they've been approved by these scholars, their paths are already carved out to become great scholars of the Kingdom one day!

But not always is this so, a person can be at the top and among the Mureeds one day, and be overtaken the very next!”

“That's the cruel reality, yaa Akhii! If you're overtaken, you'll lose all your previous free access to the knowledge reserves, that is, until you prove yourself again!

Your chosen Doyen master might even disown you! It's a vicious rule here in Sky Legacy Haven, but it's because of this that there are no lazy students among the Nine. They're the most dedicated to studies, and almost always challenging the steps to secure their positions.

In the end, the 1000 Steps just remain a way for the Asaatidhatuddîn to motivate us and monitor our progress and devotion to the Qur'an, since only those with commitment to it can truly ascend the steps with much ease, and unravel the verses it holds secret!”