11 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[The Number One Mureed]

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear readers!

Hope you're all hale and hearty today! Fridays are the best of days! I just love Fridays!

Without much ado, your Friday treat is here!XDDDDD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up at the tower where Firdaws and Ihtisham were observing the proceedings of the quest, the two princes were enjoying the change of events as they indulged in a lively banter.

“All warfare is based on deception. When able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Isra really pulled that one axiom on us all..” Ihtisham said, his eyes observing the competitors down below with mirth.

“You can't be more right. He certainly did put to use that maxim of war.” Firdaws said softly in praise,“For him to have used this strategy a second time since his last official challenge, and still catch us all off-guard again. It certainly is admirable.”

“Among the Mureeds, I'd say your royal cousin is quite undaunted today, Prince Firdaws.” Ihtisham added, a teasing smile up his face,“He either is wishing to finish the last, or he probably wants out of the Mureed ranks!!”

“Why do you say so?” Prince Firdaws asked, a queer smile up his face as he looked down at where his cousin was moving slowly, seemingly spending the maximum amount of time possible, on each archway.

“Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows; the soldier works out his victory in relation to the foe whom he is facing.” Ihtisham said, looking down at the competition grounds.

“Trying to solve all five inscriptions at each archway does not really factor into the proven and known tactics in securing victory for this quest.

For the Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps, that's no doubt, – a futile endeavour to undertake!” Turning to face Firdaws, he spoke with a more earnest tone,“Could it be.. the stress of being obliged to maintain his image, as well as to keep his position of honour in the face of all the fierce rivalry here at SLH..?

What do you think could possibly motivate him to do so? I really can't quite put my finger on it.”

Turning to watch Prince Reyaz on the colossal pyramid, he added,“If I know Prince Reyaz as well as I think I do know him, he's not someone to lose his head over such things. He's always kept a calm state of mind at where most people would lose theirs..”

However, Prince Firdaws simply smiled, his eyes staring out to the Competition grounds as though it were a war map stretched out, and he – a grand General, could see something beyond what Ihtisham was seeing, looking at the competitors. He said,“To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence, Ihtisham..

Disciplined and calm, to await the appearance of disorder and hubbub amongst the enemy:—this is the art of retaining self-possession.”

“I see.” Ihtisham said, then added with a smug half-smile,“A person's rate of advance however, also adds more to the chances of winning.

In the 36 Strategems, it was said that: Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays..

We're already in the second third of the time allocated. No one has ever been able to garner all five inscriptions from all 200 archways in a challenge, and still beat the given time, scoring the highest. It's simply not possible..