22 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[Five Secrets(3)]

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh:D, hope you're all doing well. Your Friday treat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raising his right hand, Abdul Bâqi held his fingers wide apart in gesture, and with each word he uttered, he brought down a finger;

Hour

Rain

Womb

Fate

and finally,

..Land or Death..” Then pausing momentarily, so that he held everyone's breath abated, a smug smile made its way across his lips as he lightly uttered, as though having made a mistake previously,“No..

Rather, it's the Land of Death!”

As he said this, Prince Reyaz's eyes suddenly glinted and he abruptly raised his head up.

Those words..!!!

He instantly turned to look at Kahf, just in time to see a slight smile make its way across his lips. It was blinding, filled with elation. Kahf's previously furrowed brows had evened out, as all confusion seemed to be gone, and enlightenment docked upon his shores.

Perhaps, the truth of the quest he had always talked on, had dawned on him. Prince Reyaz thought.

For Abdul Bâqi to have found something so bizarrely close to what Kahf had also found recurring upon the 1000 Profound Steps, it was just too much of a coincidence! It increased the credibility of the Sayyid's statements by folds if anything! Because to Reyaz, Kahf was an exceptional student; a prodigy without comparison! He had both admired the guy, and wished to be his rival.

Being unable to read Kahf's mind at that moment vexed him. Because he couldn't know if Kahf had realized something from Abdul Bâqi's revelation just now. However, from the strange light and agitation dancing in his eyes, and the dilated pupils, shaking as though in euphoria, he could easily tell that Kahf had gained some form of insight!

His mind flashed back to when Kahf had first told him of his findings on the Qur'an quest: “Rey, have you ever noticed a pattern on the path..?”

At his denial, Kahf continued,“Every word formed from an inscription on each archway seems to be synonymous, or at least, have some kind of similarity on the undersurface, to another word in a succeeding archway.

These words allude to something I call an ‘essence’ or, –a deeper meaning.

I went through my previous quest path so many times, and I found that, even though there are a 1000 inscriptions, there are four particular denotations running through every archway. Four particular ‘essences’ keep recurring.

I'm sure it's like that with the other archway paths, and that's why some inscriptions and thus their words, have been said to appear on those other paths. The words formed from the inscriptions seem different at first sight, but on a closer inspection, they are related to another on other archways by their ‘essences’, and there are four recurring ones on each archway of the path I took, without fail!

But there are five inscriptions on an archway, you might ask.. What about the fifth?” Kahf smiled, saying this.

“The fifth is quite special. In that, it's the only one among the five inscriptions on every archway with an alternating ‘essence’. Two ‘essences’ to be precise. On one archway, it's this. On another archway, it's that. One is Land, the other is Death.