18 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[The Sayyid's Answer]

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh yaa Qawm, hope y'all doing well! :DDD

Your Monday dose is here! XD

I'll probably upload the next chapter shortly. But it's my way of politely telling you that no uploads till next week Friday in shaa Allah[The chapter after these two entail a lot after all] :)))

Nevertheless, enjoy your read!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Young lad, don't you think it's time that you revealed to us how you traversed this quest?

I'm sure someone must have adequately informed on you the method of traversing, including the fact that the ãyaat are to be written and left behind at each archway you pass." The first one to question him from among the scholars was surprisingly not the Doyen Sheikh Tariq, who seemingly did not mind as the fair-faced scholar who looked particularly young and had an astute countenance, sauntered elegantly over to him, opening a folding fan in the process. He had seen Urwah use these before in their halaqah, for cooling himself in the hot afternoons, but he believed this man might have just wanted to add panache to the air about him.

The relatively young scholar was dressed in a fine cream coloured thobe like his master had been the day he met him and even now, complemented with a gold-rimmed similarly coloured bisht that spoke of pomp and affluence. When he had spoken, Abdul Bâqi was instantly reminded of such people as would choose their words intently, overlying it with many deep meanings layered within.

Nevertheless, Abdul Bâqi's surprise was not because the Doyen Sheikh Tariq had not been the one to have opened up the grounds for questioning him as he had envisioned, but because his own Doyen master who had shown that sense of passivity and had not spoken up since he came, actually seemed to show support to the questioning. He, like all the others, were looking at him squarely, in expectation of an answer. He suddenly had the feeling that, if he Abdul Bâqi, didn't have an explanation for what he did on the quest, then there was no one he would be able to rely on. Not that he wanted a bone of contention to arise between his master and the other Doyens for his sake, but at least, he could do with that little bit of doting, and a vote of confidence..

What was the old man playing at..? Were they all going to gang up on him now?? Was his master deliberately going to watch the geezers bully his apprentice..? Or did he overestimate the power he had?

There was no comment from any of the scholars, making Abdul Bâqi to smirk bashfully within himself. For some strange reason, he did not feel affrighted, rather, he had long surmised this sometime ago; that he was bound to face them all at one point, sooner or later. Now at the very moment, it was he against the entire Sky Legacy Haven!

After all, he didn't bring down any scroll, except the one he had hidden in his thobe. Only that he had been counting on the support of someone in power, in order to accomplish without any hindrance, what he had planned. His master didn't look like he'd help him. Oh Yaa Allah, how often late does the slave turn to you in seek of help, when he realizes that all along, none can be of help in sooth, except You Rabbul Izza.

"Respected elder, you're indeed right."

With a polite expression, Abdul Bâqi stepped forward, as he began. He had to choose his words carefully, if he wanted to cut down the number of people who didn't think favourably of him here in SLH. Of course he didn't care about the students who saw him as their nemesis, but it was not a wise thing to get on the bad side of the scholars.

"When I first began the quest, I calculated the amount of time it took me to decipher and write down the ãyaat of the quest.

Being a slow writer, I realized the time duration we had been given was such as I could never finish in the given time. Since the Venerable elder, the Doyen Sheikh Tariq and I had made a wager with high things on stake, at least for me, I decided I had to at least, come up with a strategy of traversing the Qur'an quest to win by all means.