• Night Of The Adorned Lowest Heaven|Our Secret..|

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh yaa Qawm! :DDD

Hope you're all doing well.

With some minutes to end the day, I'm finally uploading the chapter. Sorry for the delays. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

***

"...But the Qur'an opens its doors, only to those who knock with a depth of yearning, sincerity of purpose, and exclusiveness of attention that befits its importance and majesty.

And only those are allowed to gather its treasures, while they walk through it, who are prepared to abandon themselves, completely, to its guidance, and do their utmost to absorb it."

- Way To The Qur'an (Khurram Murad)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking back to the formidable castle, she saw it engulfed in smoke in the starfilled night.

Their exit from the labyrinthine tunnels had been a continuum of the Palace walls from outside view, but in truth, it was a thick and heavy wooden door, posing as a part of the walls. It could only be opened from the inside. Funny thing was that, once you came out, you could hardly point out which place was the defect in the walls; a work of ingenious art.

It was at this point that the same place they had come out from opened, and a person walked out.

It was Hajarah Bint Al Aswâdi.

"Jarah!" Ukashah exclaimed, pleasantly. He had heard from his mother how they had been separated.

"How did you make it through so quickly?..!" Ukashah didn't know how widely he was smiling at her. His emotions were so obvious. The Queen was also happy she had made it. It meant they could escape together.

"Why, are you doubting me being a Qur'an genius or what?" She frowned, but Ukashah didn't notice the playfulness under her words.

"It's not th-" He started to explain.

She smirked,"Of course I found the strange sloping path at the end of the next path of the junction I left you!

I was worried you had fallen into a wrong place and followed."

"Weren't you afraid?" Ukashah asked, concern visible in his eyes. But she smiled,"It didn't matter.

You're my friend after all. As long as I could find and save you (that's all that mattered)." The unspoken words and the smile of a sandy face, made his heart miss a beat.

"The life of a friend is an amaanah after all.." Hajarah quietly whispered, reminiscing something, and her eyes showing an internal reflection.

She remembered how she had retraced her steps to where she had left them before.

When she saw that they had left, she figured they had moved on. Quite worried, especially when she realized later in her haste, that she had taken the only torch with her, she continued onwards in haste, distressed about how they would find their way once the last of their matchsticks was burnt out. It didn't take long to reach the path where they had taken a different route from what should have been the original, and her keen eyes didn't fail to notice the sloping path, utterly void of stairs. This was strange, as none of the paths were like that. It was supposedly also a 'wrong' turn. Had they made a mistake and triggered a trap that they had fallen to!!?

Perhaps, without the advantage of light to see and decipher the path, they had tried to go ahead, and guessed the next path here, only to fall into a trap!