23 |The Marabout's 1000 Profound Steps.[Five Secrets(4)]

AsSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, hope you are all doing well:)))

Sorry for updating late. I had to do some rewriting of some parts which I had earlier on finished. But as promised (with some 25 minutes to midnight XD) — your Friday Treat!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عِندَهُۥ عِلۡمُ ٱلسَّاعَةِ..."

[Lo! Allah [Alone]! With Him is the knowledge of the Hour...]

The verse came out of his lips with a magnificence, filled the masjid with a splendour, and ricocheted off of the marbled white walls. Resounding into the corridors, it magnified, as though gaining momentum from the reverberating air, to rumble with a Takbir. Without an exception, it shook the hearts of all the people present there into reverberating with awe. Like a brilliant life-force radiating forth, the sacred words touched their hearts softly, stroking their slumbering hearts (from faith), into quivering with blissful awakening. The likeness of it were as the dry parched earth did, after the revitalizing rains fell, bringing forth from their depths, delightful grains and as a hope for the people.

Even as he recited, the people stared on; the awe of Kalamullah (The Word of Allah), wondrously filling their hearts, as it was brought to life before their very eyes. Abdul Bâqi's recitation seemed to embody the wonder of the Qur'an, and using recitation like a divine medium, he had their feelings bending to it:

"وَيُنَزِّلُ ٱلۡغَيۡثَ، وَيَعۡلَمُ مَا فِي ٱلۡأَرۡحَامِۖ"

[And He sends down the rain, and knows what is in the wombs..]

A pleasant feeling overwhelmed the gathering, as he gently elocuted in a rare form and flamboyance of style they had before that not heard of. His articulation of each word was eloquently done, to the point of exuding a gold-like perfection. The scholars, and the elite among the student populace noticed firsthand, that his recitation did not compromise on any of the rules of Tajweed:

"..وَمَا تَدۡرِي نَفۡسٞ مَّاذَا تَكۡسِبُ غَدٗاۖ،"

[..No soul knoweth what it will earn tomorrow,]

Each letter was enunciated to a precision, so that their points of origination and distinguishing features, were each appreciated, and found to be impeccable.

His apt pauses and pertinent use of nasalizations, the emphasis on high and low tides in tonation, were all such as had flawlessly coaxed the entire gathering into reveries of contemplation, in their thirst to gain insight into the words flowing charmingly from his mouth. However the unsullied Tajweed was the least of the wonder, for they could have sworn by the Heavens they had never heard such a finer voice in recitation of the Qur'an! The words came out superbly with a flair, tempering elegance with glaring boldness, made enticing by the accentuation created by his deep and smooth voice, as he was gracefully endowed. Where it was supposed to come out strong, it didn't disappoint, and where it had to come light, it was a sweet whisper of a lover.

In beauty of voice alone, Abdul Bâqi could be classified as a ten over ten; incomparable, except to someone of same calibre as him. He made their hearts to beat in ecstatic passion just from listening to his recitation voice, as though they had been intoxicated with wine, and if people could fall in love by hearing a voice, all those in the gathering without an exception had fallen for him already!