Twenty one

Lauren
4th February

He ran his hands through his hair. He was extremely panicked. "Are you not on the pill?" He yelled, "How did this happen?"

"I don't know," I whispered. The tears streamed faster down my face, smearing my makeup further. I whispered, "I'm so fucking stupid."

He must have seen how broken I am. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. One of his hands held my body to his whilst the other stroked the back of my head. He whispered, "shhh. It's not your fault baby. You've only missed your period, we don't know for sure."

"But I do," I whispered. I pulled away from him and backed up until I came into contact with a desk. I whispered, "I took a test. I'm 2-3 weeks along."

"Oh my god," he buried his face in his hands. "I can't believe this. Do you know how hard this is for me?"

"For you?" I screeched, "I'm the pregnant one, not you. I have to deal with morning sickness, I have to deal with hiding a pregnant stomach, I have to deal with the fact that I'm going to get fat and unattractive."

"I need some time to myself," he sighed. "I just need to think."

"Okay," I whispered. I walked to the door. I walked out, closing it behind me.

I ran to the person I was closest with, Calum. A couple of weeks ago, he caught me and Ashton kissing in his car in the school parking lot. We were the only ones on school grounds as it was a Sunday; at least we thought we were. Calum was training in the gym and saw us out a window. He's promised not to tell anyone and helps us hide it. He's become a best friend to me.

I knocked on the door. I had to try and keep my cries quiet as I didn't want people hearing me. The door opened and Calum stood there, dressed in only sweats. He rubbed his eyes and mumbled, "it's two in the-" he looked up at me and said, "Lauren, what's wrong?"

I didn't even say anything, I just flung my body at him, wrapping my arms around his torso as I buried my neck in his chest as an attempt to muffle my cries. He closed the door and wrapped his arms around my back. "Hey . . ." He trailed off, "What's wrong? Come on, let's sit down."

He took my hand and led me to his bed. I lay beside him, his arms wrapped around me as my tears stained his chest. I whispered, "I'm pregnant."

"What?" His voice was a bit louder than before.

"Don't give me any shit Calum," I sobbed, "I've just spent the past four hours fighting with Ashton. I know he won't want to be a part of the baby's life. I know he'll just leave."

"You don't know that," he rubbed my back comfortingly. "Maybe he just needs time to get his head around things. Ashton's a good guy. You know, we were actually friends in the summer, before we started school. I can almost promise you that he won't let you do this on your own. Ashton doesn't have a dad. His father left when he was just two years old. He wouldn't leave you Lauren."

"Yeah," I wiped the tears away from my eyes. "Maybe-" I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Calum, is Lauren in there?"

"Mr Hemmings?" Calum got up and answered the door while I sat on the edge of his bed.

Luke was standing in a vest and plaid pyjama bottoms. He grumbled, "Is Lauren there? It's important."

Calum looked back at me. I walked up to the door and replaced Calum. I sniffed, "I suppose you're coming up here to tell me that ashton wants to break up and that he doesn't have the balls to do it himself."

"Not at all. He's gone a bit um-. . . Mad. Please sort him out," Luke said.

I smiled at Calum before walking out. I followed him as we hurried down the stairs. He opened the door of mr irwin's classroom and I walked in. He closed the door behind me and left us alone.

Ashton was crying. He was marching around, running his hands through his hair and forcefully tugging on the ends. I softly spoke, "Ash?" He completely ignored me and carried on pacing back and forth.

I walked up to him but he continued to pace around. "Ashton," I said sternly but to no avail. Finally, I grabbed his forearm and tugged him towards me.

Unexpectedly, he fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around my thighs, pressing his head to my lower stomach. I stroked his hair, trying to sooth him. I had never seen him like this and it was scaring me. He croaked, "Please don't leave. We can sort this out one way or another."

I gripped his biceps and pulled him to his feet. I said, "Ashton, I was terrified that you would leave me. I'm not going anywhere. If you really want, I could have an abortion-"

"What? Why?" He muttered.

I whispered, "Ashton, I'm in school. My 18th birthday is tomorrow. You're my teacher. Baby, this just won't work."

"I'll make it work," Ashton smiled. "You know what? We'll take tomorrow off. We'll pretend that there's no drama going on and we'll have a chill day. And then the next day, we'll also take the day off and you'll move in with me."

"Ashton . . ." I was ready to protest against moving in with him but he was taking none of it.

"No," he said, "There's no 'buts'. You're moving in with me so I can keep you safe. I'll keep you both safe." He stroked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and softly spoke, "you make me the luckiest man in the world. I love you more than anything else."

-

Oh shit guyssssss! There's drama. Comment on what you think should happen next.
Love you bitches