Sixteen

I woke up in Ashton's arms. My eyes fluttered open, only to be blinded by the sunlight streaming through his somewhat thin curtains. I turned over so I was facing him. He was already awake. His face pressed into the pillow as he lay there. He smiled at me before his raspy morning voice spoke, "Morning Princess."

"Morning," I softly spoke.

"You look even more beautiful in your natural state. Your hairs all messy, you have no makeup on and you just look totally natural. You're the most beautiful person on this planet," he sweetly said.

I giggled, "And you're the cheesiest. Do you know what I love most about waking up in your arms?"

"What do you love most about waking up in my arms?" He chuckled lightly.

I slid my hand up his toned abs and up to his face. I stroked his hair back softly with my fingers. I whispered, "I get to be the first one to make you smile that day. It just makes me feel special; knowing that I was the first person to make you smile."

He said, "Aw, that's so cute. Come here." He leaned in and kissed my lips softly before pulling away. He stroked my hair this time, brushing my bare skin as he did. He whispered, "I guess it is pretty special. I like making you smile; it's like some sort of trophy for me."

"What do you mean by 'trophy'?" I asked.

He softly spoke, "Well, sometimes it's quite difficult to make you smile. Sometimes I have to try extra hard to get a smile. Every time I make you smile, it feels like it's a trophy that I just won."

"God Irwin, that's cheesy," I giggled.

He playfully hit my arm and whined, "I thought it would sound romantic." He fake pouted but still looked incredibly irresistible.

"It was," I kissed his lips softly.

He said, "Let's get breakfast, shall we?"

I smiled when an idea came into my mind. I slowly got up, standing on my feet along with Ashton on the other side of the bed. I burst out laughing and took off, running down the landing. I don't care that I was naked, I know he definitely doesn't care either. "Miss Deyes," he yelled, running after me, laughing as well.

I heard a pair of quicker footsteps as he chased me down the stairs. I ran into his living room. Too late. I let out a shriek when he tackled me onto the sofa, tickling my sides as he landed on top of me.

I wriggled underneath him as his fingers tickled my sides, causing us both to burst out laughing. I turned over to face him. Our laughter tuned down until the only sound was our breathing.

He looked so perfect as he balanced himself on his knees and forearms above me. I stroked his hair away from his face as I looked into those beautiful eyes of his. Why was he making this all so perfect? I wish he would've made it awful so I wouldn't feel as bad when he breaks up with me. Let's face it, he has to break up with me at some point; I mean, I'm a student and he's a teacher. As much as we connect, we could never be accepted in society. He would be called names and so would I. It's bound to happen some time; I just don't know when. I'm making the most of my time with him before we have to break up.

He asked, "What are you thinking?"

"Why are you with me?" I asked, "It might seem a little strange to ask but seriously, why did you choose me? You could have anyone you want."

He smiled sweetly and said, "I want you. I wanted you so I have you. Where's this coming from anyway?"

I decided to not say anything stupid. I smiled, "Just curious, that's all. So," I slid out from under him and stood up. "What's from breakfast?"

He threw something at me. I picked it up from the floor. It was a dark red-ish flannel with "57" painted on the back. He said, "It's for you."

I smiled and put it on. I buttoned it up to just under my breasts, showing off my chest but not overexposing myself. He stood up and hugged me. It took a moment for me to hug him back as this was unexpected. I pulled away and asked, "What was that for?"

"A thank you," he smiled.

"For what?" I asked.

"For making a start on making me breakfast whilst I get some clothes on," he kissed my cheek quickly before walking away upstairs.

I chuckled to myself as I made my way into the kitchen.

--
Sorry guys, this was so short and so bad but it'll get better soon, I promise. Thank you so much for reading. I love you all.