Twenty Five

Lauren
18th February

It was absolutely mortifying yesterday. I had to go to Ashton's and get my stuff. He made it extremely difficult. Each time I put an item of clothing into my bag, he threw it across the room. He legit grabbed onto my left foot as i tried to walk out. He was like a whiney child.

I've never been the strong one in situations so yesterday pushed me to my limit. I have almost hit rock bottom . . . Or so i thought.

I took my notepad out and set it on the table. Ashton turned round from the blackboard and said, "we'll take off where we left, shall we? Turn to your partner and discuss Sheila and Gerald's messy relationship to make me feel better."

Everyone turned to their partner and began talking about a) the topic we were actually talking about, b) their weekend, or c) the new 'magic mike' movie trailer that has been released.

I raised my hand and said, "Sir, i don't have a partner."

"Maybe you shouldn't push people away then," he sarcastically smiled. Thankfully, he said it so only I could hear him.

"Sir, seriously?" I whined. Well this will be hell.

--

"Choosing time for the discussion. Calum and . . . Lauren," ashton smirked.

We both stood up. "I think that Sheila should forgive him. So yeah, he made a mistake by sneaking around with that girl but in the end, if Sheila loved him as much as she makes out then she should forgive him," Calum shrugged.

"But lets say Gerald was with Sheila's best friend. How can you expect Sheila to forgive him?" Ashton asked. I'm guessing he's not talking about Gerald and Sheila anymore.

Two can play that game. I said, "well maybe there was a reason Gerald did it. Maybe Gerald felt like he deserved more."

"Well, Miss Deyes. I think that Sheila deserves more than someone who cheats. Don't you think so?" Oh god, he was in for it.

"Maybe Gerald made a mistake. Maybe Sheila wasn't there for him when he needed her most. Maybe that girl gave him what he seeked," oh god, the rage is growing. I was almost shouting now. "Maybe if Sheila stopped worrying about herself, she wouldn't be in this mess. Gerald deserves more than Sheila."

"Well maybe Sheila was thinking about Gerald all along," he yelled back. "Sheila was trying to support Gerald but he threw it back in her face. Was Sheila's love not enough."

"Obviously not," Calum replied.

My heart sank as ashton and i glared at each other. "how dare you say that about Gerald?" I growled. "Maybe the other girl kissed him first, not the other way around. Then Sheila just blew up for no bloody reason."

Calum, obviously confused asked, "Wait, what?"

"Maybe if you weren't being so bloody selfish, you would've realised that i was here all along," ashton yelled. I gave him the "you've blown our cover" glare. He said, "Shit, i meant Gerald and Sheila. If Gerald wasn't being so caught up in his own life, he would've realised that Sheila was there for him. . . Um-. . . All along."

"If sheila felt that was then she should've just said. How could she expect Gerald to know how she was feeling otherwise?" I sighed.

"Because Gerald knows that no matter what gets thrown at them, he'll still love her," ashton smiled.

Thankfully, the bell rang. Everyone was muttering things like "what was the 'you' and 'i' thing about?" And "what just happened?"

I put my notepad in my bag and threw my satchel over my shoulder. I was always last to leave, woo hoo. I was about to close the door when I heard, "Lauren, can we talk?"

I looked around the corridor and everybody was walking to their dorm. I turned around and sighed, "If it doesn't turn into sex on your desk then fine." I closed the door and muttered as i walked, "I don't even want to have sex anyway."

"you don't want to have sex?" He asked.

I sat on my desk and muttered, "You weren't meant to hear that. I've just been feeling really down because of the breakup and the abortion that i don't feel like doing anything 'lovey dovey' at all."

"Not even cuddles," he frowned.

"Ashton," i whined, "We broke up."

He stood himself in front of me and said, "If you can kiss me and tell me that you don't feel anything then fine, we're over. But if you feel even the slightest thing for me, I'm packing you stuff and you're moving in with me to be together again."

"Okay," i whispered.

I leant in. How i loved how his eyes always flickered to my lips before we kissed. His arms wrapped around my waist as my hands rested on his -may i say- huge biceps. Finally, our lips pressed together.