𝟑𝟓. 𝐛𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

dani looked in her vanity mirror and fluffed her hair a few times. she turned to her friends and nervously smiled. "so, how do i look?"

chase raised an eyebrow, "that's what you're wearing?"

she looked down at her outfit and frowned, "yeah, why?"

"nothing, to be honest. you look great!" he complimented and the rest nodded in approval.

dylan walked up to dani and gave her a hug, "even though i want more conflict, i'm so happy you guys finally decided to stop being clowns and actually communicate."

"and if anything goes wrong, just remember that we're all watching from your bedroom window," bryce added.

dani was more than nervous. she did took a few deep breaths to calm down and to stop her hands from shaking. it was scary. there's so many different ways this could end.

•••

vinnie🥰i'm outside

vinnie🥰
i'm outside

daniella💛
ok

•••

vinnie sat in his car and was tapping on his steering wheel until he saw the girl come outside. he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"holy shit," he muttered underneath his breath and got out of the car to greet her.

"hi," dani said and smiled.

"hey," vinnie replied and ran his hand through his hair.

"so—" they both started and stopped.

"you first," he offered.

"no, no. you first," she insisted.

vinnie chuckled, "i think you already know how i feel, daniella. it's your turn to start talking."

dani returned the nervous laughter and looked up at him. her heart was racing and maybe if it were quiet enough, they'd be able to hear it, "i— well— i don't know where to begin."

vinnie reached out and took her hand, "how about at the beginning?" he suggested, "and calm down. it's just us and i promise this time there will be no other distractions or fights."

"okay," she shakily said, "uhh— well— it starts with elmo. a mall. a dress. then suddenly, i get a random snapchat but a guy i've barely spoken to. that guy is you, by the way."

"yeah, i got that part," he smiled.

"so i'm like, 'what the fuck? vincent hacker? we're barely friends,'" dani continued, "skip to a few days later, i'm not with elmo, we're friends, we party together. skip to even further later, we— you know— it continues for a while. you build me a winter wonderland, which i still don't understand why you did. then, you cut me off. i'm back with mr. toxic and you're with kendall."

"kiara."

dani smiled at vinnie and rolled her eyes, "i still don't care about her enough to know her name. anyways, that continues for a while. longer than it should've, might i add. homecoming happens. you beat the shit out of elmo, which he deserved. we argue. we don't talk for a week. here we are now."

"okay, dani. did you invite me over so you could recap everything between us, or to tell me something?" vinnie said and took a step closer, staring down at her lips.

dani let out another nervous chuckle and dusted off her shirt to distract herself from looking at him, "yeah, actually— uh— what i'm trying to say is that the asshole football player i knew a few months ago suddenly means way more to me and i don't know what to do. i'm scared out of my mind right now and—" she stopped and looked up at him.

"and?"

"all i want to do is kiss you."

"well," vinnie smirked, "you could've just started with that." he placed her hand on her cheek as they both leaned in. dani had to stand on her toes to reach his lips and she put her arms around him.

finally, for once in their lives, they could take a deep breath and feel at ease. they didn't have to worry about drama, or exes, or anything getting in their way.

dani wasn't sure if it were because she was still a bit buzzed from the alcohol or because she finally had vinnie, but she felt like she was flying.

vinnie wasn't sure if it were because of kissing dani or nerves wearing off, but he felt high.

while they were kissing, a wave of cheers came from dani's bedroom window. the couple looked up and saw signa, bryce, dylan, and chase all screaming and clapping.

even her parents were watching from the living room window. "you better treat her right, vincent!" her dad yelled.

vinnie had his arm wrapped around dani's waist and pulled her close, "don't worry sir, i will!"

dani felt little drops fall on her arms and she looked down, confused. her eyes widened with excitement when she realized what was going on.

"no fucking way!" she exclaimed, "look at the streetlight!"

vinnie looked up at the streetlight and underneath the light were little flurries of snow, "snow in california? now? holy fucking shit!" he said, just as shocked and in awe as dani was.

dani smiled back at vinnie, "we're living in a cliché."

"not yet. i could tell you i love you right now," vinnie said and shrugged his shoulders.

"well, are you going to?"

"i guess we'll never know."

"you're an asshole!" dani laughed and playfully shoved him. vinnie looked at her in her eyes and bit his lip. "but you love it though." and kissed her once again, using his hand to lightly brush the snowflakes out of her hair.

despite the nosey onlookers, they felt like it was only the two of them in that moment. the snow wasn't exactly sticking, but that didn't matter. as it fell, right there in the middle were two teenagers who managed to put their pride aside after all the drama.

they finally had each other and everything felt perfect.

author's note:

it's about gawddamn TIME.
vinnie and dani were made
for each other and ik that
cuz i wrote the story but i
also ship them 🙄‼️ and
nobody cares but i started
watching dawson's creek lol
(i recommend if you like
teen drama shows).