𝟐𝟔. 𝐩𝐫𝐞-𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨

signa was more excited for homecoming than everybody combined. it was going to be the first time her and kio made a physical public appearance since they officially got together.

kio watched her basically bounce off of the walls with excitement. he liked her a lot and was really happy that she gave him another chance to make things right.

social media meant nothing and overtime, he realized that his relationship was strong enough to stay together, even with all of the rumors.

"we're matching right?" signa asked, holding up a blue mini dress and a matching tie for kio.

he smiled and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "it's whatever you want. maybe after we can get a little alone time in," he said and gave her a wink.

signa reached over and kio with her teddy bear, "i hate you," she jokingly said and he grabbed her by the wrists and flipped her over, pinning her to the bed.

"you wanna say that again?" he asked and quickly let go to viciously tickle her sides.

"kio! i'm literally going to pee myself!" signa managed to yell in between her laughing fits. he knew that she was really ticklish and it was one of her biggest weaknesses.

"say you're sorry first," kio said while laughing along with her, showing absolutely no mercy.

"okay, okay! i'm sorry!" signa exclaimed and he finally stopped. being tickled took the energy out of her and she laid there exhausted.

kio laid beside her and turned so they were facing each other, "i love you, signa," he said while tucking a strand of hair being her ear.

"i love you too," she replied nonchalantly, considering it was about her thousandth time hearin him say that.

"no— i mean like— i love you, love you. the amount of happiness i feel when i'm with you is just..." kio struggled to put his words together, "amazing."

he wasn't used to feeling this way towards anyone. due to vinnie's influence, his interactions with girls mostly went: meeting at a party, flirting, hooking up a few times, getting bored, repeat. it was an endless cycle until he met signa and she broke it.

she smiled as those words left his mouth, "i know, babe. i love you too." there was absolutely no doubt she felt the same way, "let's go get dressed."

•••

dani was destroying her bedroom trying to find the perfect dress to wear for homecoming. she didn't even know why she wanted to look so good, it wasn't like there was anybody she needed to impress.

in the middle of throwing things out of her closet during the attempt to find something good, her eyes stumbled across a piece she hasn't seen since she bought it.

"perfect." she said and tossed the burgundy dress onto her bed. the shoes she decided to go with were black and plain. it's not like anybody pays attention to stuff like that anyways.

there was a knock on dani's door and it was elmo. "babe? your parents let me in," he said, entering her bedroom and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"hey handsome," dani smiled, "you got your suit ready, right?"

"yeah," elmo said as he took a look at the dress on her bed, "that's what you're wearing?" he frowned.

"yeah!" she exclaimed, stressed out, but also kind of happy. she's always excited at school functions, even if she thinks they're dumb, "you like it?"

elmo shrugged his shoulders, "yeah but it's just a little... revealing. you don't want my friends to think you're that type of girl, right?"

"what do you mean?"

"the type of girl that wears skimpy clothing to attract male attention. that's not like you."

dani looked at the dress, feeling a bit disappointed that elmo didn't approve, considering he liked it when she first bought it, "i guess it's not that pretty."

she walked back to her closet and found another burgundy dress, except this time it was more flowy and went down to her knees.

"is this better," she asked, holding it up for elmo to see.

"much better," he replied and gave her a smile, "you know i love you, right? i just want what's best for you."

"i know."

•••

vinnie sat in kiara's living room, fiddling with his tie. it was just the two of them at her house and he was on the verge of losing his mind.

she was so fucking picky.

"coley!" kiara yelled, "i want to wear this blue one, but it makes my arms look bigger than they are!"

"i'm sure you look fine, babygirl," he replied back.

kiara walked out into the living room and stood in front of him, modeling what felt like the 500th dress she tried on, "you said that to all the other dresses."

"because it's true," he said, wanting this to be over, "can we speed things along a bit? i want to meet up with the group early."

"fine," kiara said and went back into her room. she decided to put on a navy blue dress with little yellow flowers, "is this cute?"

vinnie got up and planted a kiss on her cheek, "yes," he said, "can we go now?"

"sure coley."

they walk to vinnie's car and all he can do is just drive silently. his radio was on, but the silence was louder than the music.

kiara felt something was off, but she didn't want to bring it up. a part of her felt like vinnie didn't want her, but she liked him too much to give it a second thought.

"got plans for after homecoming?" she asked, breaking the silence between them.

"yeah. we're all meeting up and going to either an after party or having a huge sleepover at daniella and bryce's house," vinnie replied.

kiara raised an eyebrow. those names sounded familiar, but she couldn't pinpoint where she's heard of them. then she realized that daniella was the name of the girl whose vinnie's fans wanted her with.

"oh... am i invited?" she asked. her intuition was telling her that she couldn't trust either of them.

vinnie peered over at her, while trying to keep his eyes on the road, "i don't know. i think it's just close friends."

"and i don't fall into that category?"

"babe, it's not that big of a deal. please don't start an argument right now. tonight i just want to have fun with my friends and my beautiful girlfriend," vinnie said, feeling irritated and tempted to just turn around and go home.

kiara slumped back in her seat and crossed her arms, "fine."