𝟐𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

after school, vinnie walked to his car and thought about every that happened today. he was a dumbass, that's for sure.

instead of just pushing dani away, he should've talked to her, but that would've been even more complicated to explain.

"hey, i like you, so let's just stop hooking up and only be friends."

he cringed at the idea and opened the car door to get in. he looked up from the steering wheel and saw dani walking across the parking lot.

he beeped to get her attention and say hi, but she decided to ignore him. ouch.

dani's caught up in her own world. even though she has more important shit to deal with, an explanation would've been nice.

not getting closure is the worst and guilt from walking away ate her up alive.

what if she stayed?

"don't be stupid." she said out loud to herself as she climbed into her car to drive home.

as she sat in the driver's seat, she kept eyeing her phone. she wasn't sure what she expected. maybe she wanted elmo to want her again. maybe she wanted vinnie to text her. maybe she just wanted a fucking break.

she sighed and decided to text vinnie.

daniellacan you comeover later sowe can talk?

daniella
can you come
over later so
we can talk?

vinnie🥰
can't lol i'm
busy today

daniella
oh okay

dani sat her phone down in frustration and let out an agitated grown. is this how their relationship is going to be now?

if she knew it would've ended up like this, she never would've let him to sleepover. she never would've made a move.

•••

vinnie nervously pulled into kiara's school parking lot to pick her up. he knew this was his last chance to treat her right, and he wanted to make sure everything went perfectly.

he saw the short girl exit the school, talking to her group of friends. they made eye contact and she flashed him the biggest smile.

"i'll see you guys tomorrow," kiara said to the girls around her and basically started skipping towards vinnie.

"hey gorgeous," he greeted as he bent down to wrap his arms around her and give her a kiss.

"hey coley," she greeted back and they walked back to his car, hand-in-hand.

kiara was perfect in vinnie's eyes. she's everything he wanted in a girlfriend: smart, gorgeous, sarcastic, honest, committed. the list goes on.

but if she's everything he wanted, then why couldn't he take his mind off of daniella?

"coley, you listening?" kiara asked, trying to get his attention.

"huh? yeah, of course," he lied, "something about makeup?"

she rolled her eyes and sighed. clearly his mind was elsewhere, "a bit sexist, but no. i was talking about homecoming. we're still taking each other to ours, right?"

"of course. my friends will love you."

•••

back at dani's house, she paced back and forth and anxiously waited for elmo to show up. she felt dumb, as she has since this day started.

the bedroom door opened and in walked her ex boyfriend. the guy who broke her heart all those weeks ago.

"hi," he said, awkwardly walking to sit at her vanity chair. elmo felt as if he lost the privilege of sitting on her bed.

the silence was painful and they didn't know what to say to each other.

"i'm sorry," he spoke up, "i don't know what got into me at the party. i'm sorry for accusing you of sleeping for vinnie."

dani raised her eyebrow, "that's what you think i'm mad about?!" she asked, a bit irritated.

"yes?"

"elmo, you put your hands on me."

"all i did was grab your wrist. you're making it seem like i hit you or something."

"so? because that makes it so much better?"

"you're being ridiculous!" his voice started to get louder, "stop turning it into something it's not. you know i was a bit drunk and my emotions got the better of me. what do you want me to say? 'sorry?' jesus christ, dani."

dani couldn't believe the words that were coming out of elmo's mouth. she felt herself getting angry, but she had more self control and wasn't going to result to borderline physical violence.

"you're an asshole! get the fuck out of my house. your apologies don't mean shit."

he chuckled and stood up, "no."

"what?"

"if you make me leave this house, then it's over. and if it's over, so is my life. i don't want to live without you. you don't want to live with that weight on your shoulders, do you?" his tone was condescending.

dani looked at elmo. she was scared and confused. she didn't want that to happen. she didn't want him to hurt himself because of her.

"no. i- i'm sorry for trying to kick you out. maybe we can try again? i was just being dramatic."

elmo gave her a smile that left her with a weird feeling in her chest, "i'd like that." he got up and sat next to dani on her bed.

"you know i love you, right?"

"i love you too."

"don't ever leave me again."

author's note:

nawt the manipulation chile 🙄💯
i can't wait for the hoco chapter
lolll there's gonna be sm drama.