𝟎𝟓. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

vinnie's words are replaying over and over again in my mind.

he likes seeing me get nervous?

ugh. i hate him so much.

but why is he so hot, though?

NO.

elmo's your boyfriend.

think of your relationship. think of elmo. think about fixing things with him.

he's perfect and you have so way higher standards than to go after vinnie hacker—

my teacher's voice interrupts my thoughts. "dani, hello?! i asked you a question!"

"oh, so sorry mrs. garcía! can you repeat the question... por favor?" i ask, trying to hide my obvious confusion.

she pointed to the board and clears her throat, "what is a sentence you can form using the verb: valer."

"la camiseta es... valgo... nada?"

"ah, la camiseta es vale nada. pay more attention."

i give her an awkward smile. "sorry, mrs. garcía."

not as sorry as you are for wanting to hook up with vinnie hacker.

fuck. have my inner thoughts always been this annoying?

to distract myself from my own mind, i spend the rest of spanish class taking down as many notes as i can and drawing stupid flowers in the margins.

the bell rings and i head to apush. jaden takes a seat in the empty chair next to me and nudges my arm.

"what?" i whisper a little bit annoyed. i hate when people feel the need to touch me to get my attention.

"are you okay? you've been kind of acting weird all day. i know you and elmo aren't on the best of terms right now but—"

my body tenses up and i immediately cut him off, "i'm fine! i am perfectly content with life. nothing new at all," i flash a smile, "elmo and i will be on good terms in no time. don't worry."

"uhm... okay then. weirdo," he mutters the last word underneath his breath.

~•~•~•~•~

my last class of the day ends and i basically sonic-run to the parking lot. trying to avoid elmo and vinnie is hard work, considering i have one class with each of them.

i look around to make sure nobody sees me, and i begin to unlock my car.

"fancy seeing you here," a deep voice says, scaring the absolute shit out of me. i turn my head and it's no other than the devil himself: vincent hacker.

"please vinnie, for the love of fuck leave me alone. you are everywhere i turn. quit stalking me, thanks," i open my car door to get in and speed away, but he closes it before i even get the chance.

"but why?" he pouts, "i wanna talk to you."

i roll my eyes and scoff, "we already talked. get out of my way."

i look up and see a distant figure coming up behind vinnie. after squinting until my eyes are on the verge of breaking, i see that it's elmo and the panic starts to set in.

"okay," i do my best to push vinnie away, but damn is he so much more stronger than me, "elmo's coming this way and you need to go."

he holds up his hands, "okay, okay. damn. just stop physically assaulting me please," he winks at me and turns the opposite way, finally leaving.

my hands are fidgeting as elmo finally reaches me and flashes me that smile i love so much.

"hey dani," he says and runs his fingers through his hair, "you busy?"

"no, not at all. why, what's up?"

"it's just..." he looks down and puts his hands in his pocket, "i'm really sorry for being an asshole over the whole vinnie thing. it was an accident and instead of getting upset with you, i should've understood why you didn't see it as a big deal. i love you, baby, and if you say that the picture means nothing, then it means nothing. forgive me?" he looks up at me and holds out his arms.

i roll my eyes and laugh, "of course i forgive you, stupid. just talk to me next time before you give me the silent treatment. and i love you too," i return his hug and he plants a kiss on my forehead.

"and next time vinnie sends you something sexy, i'll kill him, but that goes for any guy."

"haha, i know baby."

imagine how he's going to react when he finds out vinnie came over and laid in your bed.

shut up! nothing even happened.

yet.

no, not yet! not now, not ever! vinnie's a bitch. elmo is the perfect guy for me. geez, do you ever shut up?