𝟎𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

"this?" i hold up a long burgundy dress. "or this?" i hold up a yellow floral dress in my other hand.

my boyfriend, elmo, takes a long look at them both. "well, the burgundy shows off your gorgeous shoulders. the yellow shows off your gorgeous legs... so the yellow." he shoots me a wink.

dylan grabs a magazine and slaps his knee with it. "stop being horny!" she exclaims.

he adjusts himself. "that's impossible! have you seen how sexy my girlfriend is?!"

bryce, signa, jaden, and chase walk into the store.

"i hope you're talking about dyl like that," he shoots elmo a look and glares.

elmo gets up, and does a friendly pat on bryce's shoulder while smiling, "it's all love, bro."

bryce narrows his eyes at elmo and removes his hand. "anyways," he turns and looks at me, "have you FINALLY decided on a dress? the guys and i managed to shop at five stores while waiting."

sig clears her throat.

"oh, sorry. the guys AND sig."

"yep," i flash a smile, "this burgundy one right here!"

jaden takes a look at it, "too short."

"i- pardon?"

"aye.." bryce interrupts, "don't argue with my boy jaden on this."

"hmm.. you guys are kind of being unfair. y'all wear pants that hang off your ass, but the MINUTE i wear something that comes above the knee--"

dylan interjects and tries to get us to stop. "okay, okay!" she holds up her hands so things don't get ugly, "it's just a dress. let the girl live."

the guys look at dyl, then at each other, "fine."

i roll my eyes and scoff. then, i place the burgundy dress on the return rack and head towards checkout. i turn my head down towards my phone, and a snapchat notification goes off.

SNAPCHAT
from vinnie 🏈

vinnie🏈is typing...
from vinnie🏈

hmm, that's weird, i think to myself. since when do i even have vinnie on snap?

i unlock my phone to read his message and my face immediately goes red.

i'm not going to go into much detail, but let's just say that he does indeed live up to his reputation of being a man-whore.

vinnie🏈
FUCK DANIELLA
I'M SORRY
NOT FOR U

me

vinnie🏈DON'T TELL ELMOHE'LL KILL MEI'M BEGGING UNGOSHLFJSKS

vinnie🏈
DON'T TELL ELMO
HE'LL KILL ME
I'M BEGGING U
NGOSHLFJSKS

me
EYE-
just remove me at
this point
pls and thank

vinnie🏈
once again
i'm sorry
pls

i lock my phone and shudder. i don't even WANT to know who that snap was meant for. i get it was an accident, but damn. why is it me who's the chosen one?

elmo takes a look at me once he feels my body tense up against him. he brushes his fingers across my arm, "everything good babe?"

i smile and look up at him, "of course baby."

he pauses for a second and has me look him in the eye, "are you lying to me?"

maybe? i think to myself. ugh. he's doing that face where he thinks something is up. i mean, it's not like vinnie did it on purpose?

ugh. i don't like lying to elmo so he's gonna owe me one.

"of course not baby. oh look!" the line starts shifting so i do my best to change the subject, "it's almost my turn to pay."

"okay..." he plants a kiss on my forehead and wraps his arm around my waist. i simply pay for the dress and all seven of us exit the store.